Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Community Chosen Gift Lists

Can you believe that the holidays are starting to creep up on us already? It feels like 2018 came and went! We started talking about holiday newness back in September but it's almost time to start planning out what you will be gifting those on your gift list. 

We conducted a survey to gather gift list recommendations directly from the BIC and the results are in! 

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.22.05 PM.png

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Foot Mask
SEPHORA COLLECTION - Cleansing & Exfoliating Wipes

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.22.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.22.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.23.08 PM.png

JO MALONE LONDON - Cologne Collection

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.23.27 PM.png

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Face Mask Magic
 Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.23.48 PM.png

BUMBLE AND BUMBLE - Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Travel Trio 

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.24.50 PM.png

TOO FACED - Peaches & Dreams Face Set
HUDA BEAUTY - Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette 

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.25.40 PM.png

PAT MCGRATH LABS - MTHRSHP Sublime Bronze Temptation Eyeshadow Palette
SEPHORA COLLECTION - Happy Birthday Gift Card 
 Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.26.13 PM.png

DYSON - Airwrap™ Styler
LA MER - Merry Little Miracles
Pat McGrath... All of it!

Did we forget an incredible gift idea? Comment below with your recommendation!
Anonymous Insider

RE: Community Chosen Gift Lists

🥰

Re: Community Chosen Gift Lists

I feel I need to know what the hype around La Mer is... For that kind of price tag...

@rrroxanne I think you should try some samples to see what the buzz about.  They make really great products.  I love the La Mer Powder, Soft Fluid Foundation, the limited edition bronzers they come out with, the eye serum, Creme de La Mer to name a few.  The price tag is expensive but they feel amazing on my skin and my Mom agrees too! 

@rrroxanne There are some products from La Mer I reallllly love then some I would never buy again. I LOVE La Mer The Powder 0.28 oz/ 8 g, i'm out of it right now *sigh* but this baby is great for somehow making my skin look like no pore or fine line has touched my face. It has magical powers. The Foundation and Powder and something like 60% skincare. 

I also LOVE La Mer Crème de la Mer Moisturizer 1 oz/ 30 mL. I don't purchase my La Mer from Sephora, I get it from a different Department Store in Canada that is very generous with GWP and samples. I alternate my moisturizer with one pot of DRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retro™ Whipped Cream then one pot of La Mer Crème de la Mer Moisturizer 1 oz/ 30 mL. It's rich, but absorbs instantly. 

@GG84 @SportyGirly125 

Thanks ladies! I'll need to sample these products. I'm so intrigued to know if it's really worth the price! 

@rrroxanne I definitely recommend getting samples of La Mer before splurging. Unfortunately, my sensitive skin hates the two products I've tried from the brand, but I'm glad the La Mer counter at Neiman Marcus was nice enough to hand over generously sized deluxe samples without pressuring me to buy anything.

@rrroxanne I know a lot of people like La Mer.  I actually got a generous free sample of it recently and I was surprised that I liked it as much as I did.  It really made my eye area seem plumper.  That said, there were things I didn't care for: it was so thick it felt hard to spread for me (but maybe my sample was a little dry); it smelled A LOT like Nivea; the inclusion of eucalyptus oil which can be an irritant; the fact that the antioxidants will degrade b/c it's not air tight.  Plus, the price was a major deterrent.  I think a lot of the hype is around the NASA scientist that developed it, and that fact that it's marketed as a "miracle broth."

Call for help from the BIC! I need gifts for makeup newbies (not me this time, ha!). I'm buying for my two nieces - one for Christmas and one for her Bat Mitzvah. They are both pre-teens (well, one is turning 13 as she approaches Bat Mitzvah). I've already confirmed with their moms that they can have makeup as a gift. 

I'm thinking for my younger niece the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Museum of Ice Cream x Sephora Collection I SCREAM Charm Bracelet and SEPHORA COLLECTION - Museum of Ice Cream x Sephora Collection Let Them Eat Popsicles Lip Set would be fun and age appropriate. For my slightly older niece I was thinking NAILS INC. - Paint Your Nails Happy Set.It seems fun and happy, but I'd love one other item to go with it. What's a good "starter" eye palette for someone very young? TIA!!

How fun, @CarolBT!  If your nieces are allowed to wear makeup, this is a super fun time for them to explore and your choices are really cute!  I think teenagers are a lot more makeup savvy now than they used to be, thanks to Youtube, so you'd be surprised at how much they know about products!

My daughter is slightly older than your nieces and may be a little more mature than her peers when it comes to beauty, but she said that her friends are all about highlight and brows right now.  ABH is super on trend, as are any YT collabs, so she recommends:

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS - Amrezy Highlighter

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS - Ride or Die Brow Duo

And

DOMINIQUE COSMETICS - Lemonade Eyeshadow Palette

Good luck! ❤️

@Tamara76 Ohhh, I love the colors in that lemonade eyeshadow palette. 

@CarolBT A good starter Palette is any of the Sephora Collection ones. They are quite good quality for the price point! 

@CarolBT if you’re still looking for brushes, I recently picked up the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Ready in 5eeye brush set for a cousin in that age range to go with a palette I got for her. If you only wanted to gift one brush to go with, I like the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Beauty Magnet Brush Collection. I have the highlighting one and the blush version, but there is also a crease and a shadow brush available. They’re affordable and soft, plus the handle is cute and they’re magnetic!

@cianni Love those suggestions, thank you! I ended up getting a double sided Sephora Collection brush: SEPHORA COLLECTION - Classic Double Ended - Shadow & Precision #206

@CarolBT Ah that’s a great choice!! Such a great gift 😍 merry Christmas to you and your family!

Sephora Collection makes really cute palettes for younger girls....their museum of ice cream palette is fun.  Maybe Too Faced or Tarte too....which look young and fun.

SC makes a bunch of holiday products that could be good for a tween.  Maybe a box of their face masks could be a good gift too?  They feel so good!

@lgabelis Those SC mini palettes are adorable for the holidays. I moved too slow, it seems, b/c they are already sold out. D'oh! I am going to keep my eye on them for future or restock. 

I would say any pallet from Too faced. @CarolBT They include cards that show what colors to use and where to put on the eye. The chocolate and peaches ones are good because they smell like chocolate and peaches too:)

@Buootiful I guess I'm cheap b/c those Too Faced palettes are amazing!! But a little out of my price range for a 13 yr old, haha. I might get one for myself, though! 🙂

@CarolBT If you are near a Sephora, I saw Sephora mini palettes in store ($8 & $10 ones).

@naturalooks15 I'm going today - wish me luck!!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos9
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.22.05 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.22.31 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.22.51 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.23.08 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.23.27 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.23.48 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.24.50 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.25.40 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.26.13 PM.png