Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Community Chosen Gift Lists

Can you believe that the holidays are starting to creep up on us already? It feels like 2018 came and went! We started talking about holiday newness back in September but it's almost time to start planning out what you will be gifting those on your gift list. 

We conducted a survey to gather gift list recommendations directly from the BIC and the results are in! 

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.22.05 PM.png

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Foot Mask
SEPHORA COLLECTION - Cleansing & Exfoliating Wipes

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.22.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.22.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.23.08 PM.png

JO MALONE LONDON - Cologne Collection

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.23.27 PM.png

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Face Mask Magic
 Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.23.48 PM.png

BUMBLE AND BUMBLE - Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Travel Trio 

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.24.50 PM.png

TOO FACED - Peaches & Dreams Face Set
HUDA BEAUTY - Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette 

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.25.40 PM.png

PAT MCGRATH LABS - MTHRSHP Sublime Bronze Temptation Eyeshadow Palette
SEPHORA COLLECTION - Happy Birthday Gift Card 
 Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.26.13 PM.png

DYSON - Airwrap™ Styler
LA MER - Merry Little Miracles
Pat McGrath... All of it!

Did we forget an incredible gift idea? Comment below with your recommendation!

Re: Community Chosen Gift Lists

@CarolBT For younger ages, I really like bareMinerals. Very neutral, and a fairly forgiving formula.

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/gen-nude-eyeshadow-palette-P431110?icid2=products%20grid:p4311...

From talking to teens, I know Tarte is quite popular. 

I think a mini Sephora palette would be another good option - very simple, and with explanations of how to apply the shadows:

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/in-blink-and-eye-eyeshadow-palette-P435442?icid2=products%20gr...

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/miniature-palette-P427610?icid2=similar%20products:p427610:pro...

@lachaton oooh I love the Sephora mini palettes idea and especially love that it comes with instructions. I love all the suggestions, actually! Thank you!

Any idea on a good eyeshadow brush to go along with the mini palette? I think I'll look at the Sephora Collection brushes too. 

@CarolBT You're welcome 🙂 the Sephora brushes are a great option! I also like Smith Cosmetics and Hakuhodo (nothing too fancy, one of their basic less expensive ones would be fine). 

All excellent choices!  Thanks for sharing!💗💗💗💗

Hi BIC! 

Hoping I can channel you all for some gifting advice for a couple of my family members. They’re all around the 19-21 age and on top of all the fashion trends but not into a full face (contour, baking, etc.). I’m thinking anything Fenty but would love your suggestions! They all have light-beige skintone with blue eyes and blonde hair. 

Thinking of adding a new category for “the youth” to this list so if you have more general suggestions please share them.

Thank you thank you!

Omg I match that description haha. 

I'd suggest the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color Uncuffed in Uncuffed since it looks such a pretty nude pink. 

The URBAN DECAY - Naked Cherry Eyeshadow Palette is also really pretty. It's what I bought my twin sister for Christmas 😊 

The Fenty Two Little Mattemoiselles-Chill Owt Edition is also a great gift and the packaging is perfect for the holidays. 

If they love glitter, I recently tried the silver holo MAKE UP FOR EVER - Star Lit Glitters and it is gorgeous. They also have other colours 🙂 It's my new go to shadow for a night out! 

I hope this helps, @KatieBT 🙂

Jeffree Star velour liquid lipsticks would be a great option for them, though not on Sephora. Other great brands might be Urban Decay, Too Faced, Tarte, Colourpop, Morphe, and Fenty as you already mentioned.

@KatieBT

FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA - Bomb Baby Mini Lip and Face Set Can't go wrong with this one.

FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA - Mini Fairy Bomb Going to need to shimmer and shine for New Years! 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Invisimatte Blotting Paper Something we don't know we need until we have it. 

BRIOGEO - Hair-O-Scopes Brightest Stars Bestsellers At that age hair splurging on good haircare is usually not on the top of the list, this would probably be appriciated. 

@GG84 these are great suggestions, thank you!! I love the hair set recommendation that’s so true. 

@KatieBT I think Fenty is definitely really popular with the younger set, especially if they are big fans of Rihanna. One of the Lip Paints and a highlighter maybe! At that age, I would have loved getting something from Too Faced or Urban Decay (at that age?? I still would!). My choices from those brands would be the Too Faced Sweet Smell of Christmas set or Sweet Peach palette and from UD one of the Naked Palettes. The Becca Mini Macaron Set would also be great for someone that age. A Juicy Couture fragrance perhaps? If they like wearing it!

@alexasteph These are great recommendations, Too Faced and UD are so great for that age and all ages I agree! That Becca set is adorable, I’ve been dreaming of it since the holiday preview back in September. 

That's a tricky age range to shop for, @KatieBT! my sister is 22, so I'll share some of the things that she asked for and a couple of the things I ended up buying for her!

She wanted a new quality hairbrush and asked for the CHRISTOPHE ROBIN - Boar Bristle Detangling Hairbrush

She loves sets with different lipsticks to try, so the SEPHORA FAVORITES - Give Me More Lipis great for that. 

She's also very curious about trying some Charlotte Tilbury (which I'm a huge fan of). The Charlotte Tilbury Bar Of Gold Highlighting Palette 0.26 ozis one thing she asked for, along with maybe a beach stick or colour chameleon pencil. 

She also picked up the BITE BEAUTY - Four Little Bites Amuse Bouche Lipstick Setfor herself.

I picked up the BITE BEAUTY - Astrology By Bite Mini Amuse Bouche Lipstick Setset for since I think it's great, and she loves Bite. There's so much variety with it.

From Fenty, I really love the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer Fenty Glowand the little mini sets are great too:

FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA - Bomb Baby Mini Lip and Face Set

FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA - Two Lil Mattemoiselles - Chill Owt Edition

Soooooo many goodies on this list!! I'm gifting a self-care package to a friend, so I decided to get her the HERBIVORE - Self Love Bath + Body Ritual Kit. It will help her look and feel her best through the dark and cold winter season here on the East Coast. Such great products in the kit and really sizeable for the price as well. Can't wait for her to open her present, I'm hoping she loves it! 

For myself I bought (25):

FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA - Pro Filt'r Complexion Essentials

DR. BRANDT SKINCARE - needles no more® NO MORE BAGGAGE™ eye de-puffing gel

CAUDALIE - Beauty Elixir

Mom (53): 

FIRST AID BEAUTY - Hydration Harbor.

KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Merry Masking.

fresh Rose Face Mask 3.3 oz/ 100 mL

Dad (56):

MONTBLANC - Legend Eau de Toilette Set.

This year, I decided to get all of my shopping done earlier. And thankfully, almost all of my shopping was done in one place - Sephora!

Here is a list of the things I've purchased for my friends and family: 

Mom: Sunday Riley U.F.O. Salicylic Acid BHA Acne Treatment Face Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mL andMURAD - Time Release Acne Cleanser(Anti-aging)

Dad: Jack Black Supreme Cream Triple Cushion™ Shave Lather 6 oz/ 170 gJack Black Double Header™ Shampoo + Conditioner 16 oz 

Brother (28): Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' By the Fireplace 3.4 oz/ 100 mL

Sister-in-Law (26): SEPHORA FAVORITES - Superstars Kit

Fiancé (34): JO MALONE LONDON - Cologne Collection

Best Friend (25): FARMACY - Cream of the Crop and Herbivore Blue Tansy BHA and Enzyme Pore Refining Mask 2 oz/ 60 mL

Grandmother (70): 
JOSIE MARAN - Be Love, Give Love Argan Firm + Nourish Power Duo

Hopefully everybody enjoys their gifts 🙂 

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: Community Chosen Gift Lists

Wow

For the Makeup Buff- Pat McGrath MTHRSHP Palettes (6 choices) $55. These have nice packaging, good quality, and include shades that aren't overly done in other palettes.

For any family member or in-law that likes skincare but doesn't get too fancy-SEPHORA FAVORITES - Pro Artists Picks$30. This has one item for every step necessary in a skincare routine. The step up from that is SEPHORA FAVORITES - Skin Wonderland$68, which has more options and has a few more luxury items.

For your dad/uncle/brother-in-law that is hard to shop for- SEPHORA FAVORITES - Cologne Sampler. This has a variety of samples of popular scents for men and includes a voucher for a full-size, just make sure that they're willing to go to a Sephora and exchange it.

For your mom or wife- HOURGLASS - Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Palette if light/medium skintones, HOURGLASS - Ambient Lighting Edit Volume 4if fair/light skintone. This is expensive ($80) but it's a one-stop-shop and it's pretty foolproof.

Anonymous Insider

awesome thanks! 😛

I do a lot of my shopping for my mom and my siblings at Sephora for Christmas 🙂 I already bought my mom and my sister's presents. 

For my sister: URBAN DECAY - Naked Cherry Eyeshadow Palette

For my mom: NATASHA DENONA - Cranberry Eyeshadow Palette

These were also options for my mom: HUDA BEAUTY - Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette – Precious Stones Collection

PAT McGRATH LABS BlitzTrance™ Lipstick Flesh Fatale

Options for my brother: SEPHORA COLLECTION - Cleansing & Exfoliating Wipes

CAUDALIE - Grape Water

(My brother hates skincare, but he actually used the Sephora exfoliating charcoal wipes I bought him last year. I might get him more along with a grape water spray to help him get a little hydration in during the harsh winter)

@KatieBT

So many fun things! Here are some of my favorites:

LANEIGE - Kiss and Make Up Set

PAT McGRATH LABS BlitzTrance™ Lipstick Nude Romantique

THE 7 VIRTUES - Peace Blend Box

SEPHORA FAVORITES - Scouted by Sephora

CAUDALIE - Caudalie Beauty Secrets

It's that time of year again - Sephora VIB sale! This Christmas, I'm gifting the following products to my loved ones. I hope this helps others navigate through Sephora's numerous specials. Happy spending!

Her:

NARS - Orgasm Infatuation Palette$42

FRESH - Sugar Sweetcase$42

TATCHA - Skincare For Makeup Lovers Obento Box$64

KORRES - Wild Rose Radiance$65

Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL$68

Viseart Eyeshadow Palette 01 Neutral Matte$80

SK-II - Pitera™ Bestsellers Kit $120

LA MER - Merry Little Miracles$150

Stocking Stuffers:

BITE BEAUTY - Agave Treat Trio Mini Agave Lip Mask Set$18

LANEIGE - Kiss and Make Up Set$28

DIOR - Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara Set$29.50

BENEFIT COSMETICS - Goodie Goodie Gorgeous Face Set$29

L'OCCITANE - Holiday Crackers Set$34

Conversation Stats
Photos9
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.22.05 PM.png