Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Tried so much, and all out of ideas! Help me to defrizz!

I need a frizz reducing styling product recommendation. My hair is dry, like very dry, and use really good conditioner, but I blowdry, and it zaps the moisture. I need something that will give me a sleek blow out. I have tried: Amika leave in cream, most living proof stuff, lots of alterna stuff, verb ghost oil, dry bar velvet hammer, ig mistress, and many more I can't remember off the top of my head. I need new stuff to try that actually has the potential to help me. My hair is thick, and I am going gray, but I dye it. My hair is also a bit coarse. Please help!!! I must have soft, manageable, frizless hair!!!!!! Thanks 🙂

Re: Tried so much, and all out of ideas! Help me to defrizz!

@Klayslurey I think It's a Ten Miracle Leave-In Product would help.  But I've enclosed by routine for frizz as well since you wrote that you need to defrizz.  

Spoiler
Shampoo: Sulfate-free shampoos can really help.  I am currently in love with Pureology Hydrate.  I find it super easy to use b/c it lathers.  

Conditioner: I am in love with Biolage Hydrasource Conditioning Balm. Other good ones are DevaCurl One Condition (popular with BICers), Phytojoba and Neutrogena Triple Moisture (the one in the tub - very affordable).

Serums: Silicone serums are very important in fighting frizz, in my opinion. My favorite is Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum. I also use it with Phytodefrisant to give my hair more slip when blow drying with a brush. I also use It's a Ten Miracle Leave-In Product; I spray it into my hands, and the apply.  It's important to just squeeze water out of your hair, then apply the serums - do not towel dry unless it is a microfiber towel.

If you flat iron, I really suggest a flat iron spray. It really helps keep away the frizz. I am obsessed with Paul Mitchell Hot Off the Press.

Hair oils: Hair oils can do a lot to make your hair more manageable, and less prone to frizz. My fave for a long time was Matrix Oil Wonders. I've been using It's a Ten Miracle Oil with Keratin and have been liking it.  Other good ones are Alterna Kendi Oil and Josie Maran Argan Oil. You can use them as a treatment, in with conditioner, as a styling aid, or on dry hair (I use it this way to help with frizz).

Anti-frizz spray: I discovered Living Proof Humidity Shield and it really helps! I use it every morning!

Hair masks: Also good for maintaining hair health - or at least the appearance of it! My favorites have been discontinued, so I don't have any recs for you.

Dry shampoo: I highly rec this, as it will allow you to wash/dry your hair less, which means less damage. I like Klorane and Alterna.

Best of luck!!!

Re: Tried so much, and all out of ideas! Help me to defrizz!

The absolute best product I have ever come across for dry, course hair is Huile de Palme by Leonor Greyl. It is a pretreatment oil that is applied to dry hair and left on for 30 minutes, or even overnight. The oil has been around for decades and has quite a cult following, lots of celebs swear by it too. It is silicone free, smells great (floral) and just a huge luxury and treat for parched hair!!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing