Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

The Perfect Hair Routine for Frizz

I have been searching, high and low, for the perfect hair routine. Help me please. 😞

Re: The Perfect Hair Routine for Frizz

@MeaganMuscat I recommend a moisturizing shampoo to start.  A lot of girls prefer sulfate-free, but that didn't work for me so I use John Frienda Beyond Smooth with Pure Coconut Oil.

Conditioners: I used DevaCurl One Conditioner for quite some time.  I am currently loving Biolage Hydrasource Conditioning Balm.  Others I used that are popular are Phytojoboa and Neutrogean Triple Moisture (the one is the tub).

Hair masks: I like Ojon Restorative Treatment.

Hair oils: My favorite is Matrix Oil Wonders (the hibiscus one is for color treated hair).  I also like Alterna Kendi Oil (I have it in the liquid and dry oil).  Josie Maran Argan Oil is also popular.  You can use hair oils as treatments, with your conditioner, as a styling product on wet hair, or on dry hair (my favorite way).

Styling: I personally prefer silicone serums for my hair; my favorite is Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum.  I also use Phytodefrisant (silicone-free).

To keep hair healthy, I also recommend washing hair as infrequently as possible b/c water and heat styling are damaging.  I like dry shampoo to get me in between washings.  I like Alterna and Klorane (the non-aerosol) kind.

Many girls like It's a Ten Miracle Leave-In Product.

Good luck!

@MeaganMuscat  I absolutely second the recommendation to try the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum... this product is my holy grail for making my hair soft and less frizzy in humidity 🙂  Also, might I suggest the L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm... it's an affordable option at the drugstore and works wonders 🙂

RE: Re: The Perfect Hair Routine for Frizz

Thanks so much 🙂 This was super helpful.

@MeaganMuscat   Hi there! If you would be so kind as to offer some more details about your hair type and how you like to style, I'm sure many of us have some helpful recommendations 🙂

I would like soft hair, just anything for it to not have an "out of control look".

Hey 🙂 It has been damaged badly due to bleaching 😞 It has made my hair almost straw-like! So very coarse and wild.
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing