Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Slip silk pillowcase....

Does anyone know if you are supposed to wash these pillowcases before using them? They smell weird to me but i also read that they aren’t as good after washing....

Re: Slip silk pillowcase....

I realize this thread’s 2 months old but: you don’t *have* to wash a silk pillowcase before first use, but washing it shouldn’t degrade it. If it’s not as good after you wash it, then either it wasn’t a good pillowcase to start with, or you used too harsh a detergent or wash cycle on it. 

I have one Slip pillowcase and several other silk cases by a different brand. Their weight/thickness ranges from 19 to 25 momme. (I think all Slip cases are 22 momme.) I wash them all the same way: machine delicate cycle, cold water, Dreft laundry detergent; hang to air-dry. They’ve all washed up nicely and stayed completely intact that way. Some I washed before first use, others I didn’t, and they’re all still perfectly fine. 

RE: Slip silk pillowcase....

I bought a few of these pillow cases and washed them all before using them. I also use a mesh laundry bag and wash them in cold water regularly in regular cycle with Tide detergent. I never use the dryer but hang them to dry. They have remained quite good after many washes.

@ccozby I washed mine before using them.  I would also recommend the delicate cycle and woolite.

I would definitely wash it! Maybe try either hand washing the case or using a delicate detergent, like Woolite, if you put it in the washer (use the delicate cycle). I'd also recommend air drying the case.

Hope this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing