Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

I am a teen,and my hair is obnoxious, yes, it’s straight up disgusting.

Hello, I am a teen and I am asking for recommendations. I am new to this whole word of hair stuff. In fact, I thought that the only products that existed for hair were shampoo and conditioner, maybe oil. So, one of my biggest insecurities is my frizzy hair. And, sadly, my hair is naturally frizzy, kinda wavy and severely dry. Literally, I discovered that my hair was dehydrated only five months ago. Besides to this, I bleached my hair some months ago, and try to dye it to silver. Now, I have damaged, frizzy, dehydrated and (if it’s possible) sensitive hair. I am looking for recommendations of products to fight my frizz, but also to repair my hair. And if its possible, something to enhance my waves. (Sorry if you found any kind of grammatical errors that made it harder for you to understand my post, my native language is not english. So I usually make some mistakes)

RE: I am a teen,and my hair is obnoxious, yes, it’s straight up disgusting.

IGK hair serum

RE: I am a teen,and my hair is obnoxious, yes, it’s straight up disgusting.

Thanks for the recommendations, I really appreciated 🙂

Re: I am a teen,and my hair is obnoxious, yes, it’s straight up disgusting.

@bubblxgum 

Your post made perfect sense, no need to apologize 😊

If it is within your budget, Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL will really repair the damage done by your bleaching. It is expensive and you get a small amount, however you apply on damp hair BEFORE you shampoo - focus on the most damaged areas, which are likely mid-shaft to ends. There is no need to leave it on any longer then 15 minutes, it reaches its peak at that point. Shampoo and follow with a hair mask. 
I highly recommend Redken All Soft Mega Shampoo and Hair Mask (which I believe you can get at Ulta). This should help tame your frizz and continue repairing your hair. 

I am a teen,and my hair is obnoxious, yes, it’s straight up disgusting.

Hi your hair situation reminds me of mine. I recommend Olaplex No. 3. It is a prewash hair treatment. So you put it on your hair at least half an hour before you wash it. It will repair your hair. It transformed my hair from dry and frizzy to smooth and much more manageable. Please note that it is not a mask or a conditioner, so you need to follow up your shampoo with conditioner. What helped me is to give up conditioner entirely and use hair mask twice a week (of course this only works if you don't wash your hair every day because that would be too much). I really like Briogeo Don't Despair Repair deep conditioner and I pair it with the leave in mask.
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing