cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|
Anonymous Insider

How to tame frizz?

I have super frizzy hair that is very dry and damaged from heat. Does anyone have any products that can help moisturize and tame my frizz?

Re: How to tame frizz?

@Anonymous I post a lot about frizz.  Here's what worked for me:

Spoiler
Shampoo: Use a moisturizing shampoo. Many BICers use sulfate-free. I haven't had success with those, so I use John Frieda Beyond Smooth with Pure Coconut Oil

Conditioner: I am in love with Biolage Hydrasource Conditioning Balm. Other good ones are DevaCulr One Condition (popular with BICers), Phytojoba and Neutrogena Triple Moisture (the one in the tub - very affordable).

Serums: Silicone serums are very important in fighting frizz, in my opinion. My favorite is Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum. I also use it with Phytodefrisant to give my hair more slip when blow drying with a brush. It's important to just squeeze water out of your hair, then apply the serum - do not towel dry unless it is a microfiber towel.

If you flat iron, I really suggest a flat iron spray. It really helps keep away the frizz. I am currently obsessed with Paul Mitchell Hot Off the Press.

Hair oils: Hair oils can do a lot to make your hair more manageable, and less prone to frizz. My fave is Matrix Oil Wonders. Other good ones are Alterna Kendi Oil and Josie Maran Argan Oil. You can use them as a treatment, in with conditioner, as a styling aid, or on dry hair (I use it this way to help with frizz).

Anti-frizz spray: I recently discovered Living Proof Humidity Shield and it really helps! I use it every morning!

Hair masks: Also good for maintaining hair health - or at least the appearance of it! My favorites have been discontinued, so I don't have any recs for you.

Dry shampoo: I highly rec this, as it will allow you to wash/dry your hair less, which means les damage. I like Klorane and Alterna.

Best of luck!!!
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing