Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Help me fight frizz!

I have tried damage fixing shampoos and conditioners, frizz fighting conditioners, oils, serums, pure coconut oils, and drying my hair different ways and only brushing my hair when its wet. I have watched several videos and have taken many recommendations. My hair gets so big and frizzy and poofy, unless I like soak it in hairspray. I would like to be able to where my hair down but its impossible unless I use heat. I have real big bouncy curls but only when my hair is wet, buts its so bad that i can even see the frizz when its WET! I don't know what to do, so any ideas that can stay into a $100 budget.

Re: Help me fight frizz!

@mia132 I recommend a moisturizing shampoo to start.  A lot of girls prefer sulfate-free, but that didn't work for me so I use John Frienda Beyond Smooth with Pure Coconut Oil.

Conditioners: I used DevaCurl One Conditioner for quite some time.  I am currently loving Biolage Hydrasource Conditioning Balm.  Others I used that are popular are Phytojoboa and Neutrogena Triple Moisture (the one in the tub).

Hair masks: My faves have been discontinued, but I definitely rec one.

Hair oils: My favorite is Matrix Oil Wonders (the hibiscus one is for color treated hair).  I also like Alterna Kendi Oil (I have it in the liquid and dry oil).  Josie Maran Argan Oil is also popular.  You can use hair oils as treatments, with your conditioner, as a styling product on wet hair, or on dry hair (my favorite way).

Styling: I personally prefer silicone serums for my hair; my favorite is Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum.  I also use Phytodefrisant (silicone-free).

Flat ironing: Heat protectant sprays are so helpful.  My favorite is Paul Mitchell Hot off the Press.

Finishing treatment: Living Proof Humidity Shield - it works and I use it whenever I leave the house.

To keep hair healthy, I also recommend washing hair as infrequently as possible b/c water and heat styling are damaging.  I like dry shampoo to get me in between washings.  I like Alterna and Klorane (the non-aerosol) kind.

Many girls like It's a Ten Miracle Leave-In Product.

Good luck!

Re: Help me fight frizz!

Ensure that your hair is healthy. Try Vitamin C oil or Tea Tree oil onto your scalp/roots. A strong moisturizer is good before and just after you shower (when your hair is still damp). Verb has a lot of very good moisturizers. Though drugstore ones work fine, they require a lot of product to maintain the same level as a high end product. If this is still not working, go talk to your hair dresser. A lot of split, dead ends might be to blame for the extra frizz. And always make sure you do not touch your hair after you brush it unless you are putting a leave in conditioner or moisturizer in. The oils from your hands could also be a main problem in your frizzy hair.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing