Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Hair

ATTENTION if you have curly frizzy hair and know now to keep it controlled please share your secrets!! i want to wear my hair natural more but it gets so frizzy!

Re: Hair

@emilyronson 

When curls frizz out it’s because they are lacking moisture. Curly hair is different then straight hair in the sense that not only is gravity working against you but anything you put on your hair is rarely absorbed by the strand entirely (think of each bend in the hair like a traffic stop), straight hair is a green light. Try detangling in the shower with conditioner in your hair then applying any leave in products directly after you get out of the shower, I’d try Redken All Soft Mega Hydramelt. 

Hi @emilyronson!

I recommend looking up products with protein in it.  I started using Redken Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner and it's been amazing in keeping my damaged hair nice and soft.

I also love Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Light Hair Oil 3.4 oz/ 100 mL for nourishment.

RE: Hair

IGK hair serum Then I use Pantene curl affair on my damp hair and it works perfectly for my coarse thick hair!!!!

Your hair is probably frizzing because it is dry. This is what I have learned from books that I have read about curly hair. I recommend wrapping up your head in a cotton t-shirt after you're done in the shower. I think that wrapping it about when it's damp is a good time to wrap it up. I would leave your hair up while it dries the rest of the way and this might help improve the curl texture and reduce frizz.

My curls are made in humidity but don't keep curling if I braid my hair or wrap it up in a twist. They keep the shape of their most recent style. I wash my hair weekly or it get's oily and my scalp gets dry. If I dry my hair in a dry environment, only the bottom layer curls and the top layers are more like beach waves.

i like to blow dry my hair right after my shower to keep my hair less frizzy, there is also frizz control creme you can buy at usually any local drug stores! cheap and easy to use! 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing