Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Hair has become very damaged from going blonde...

I'm a natural brunette and I started getting my blonde highlights done about three years ago. Now I go every two to three months and get my hair coloured which only damages it more. A lot of strands are breaking, it's thinning, and I deal with an unbelievable amount of frizz. My hair is extremely dry despite me using olaplex 3 and a Moroccan treatment mask. I've also tried John Frieda frizz products but they don't do sh*t. I used to have extremely beautiful, luscious and healthy hair and now it just looks like hay. Any recommendations on actual good products? I've wasted too much money on products that do nothing.

Re: Hair has become very damaged from going blonde...

I have fought the bad battle when I dyed my hair blonde. 😞 What helped me win the war with my damaged hair was the Restore Mask Treatment by Living Proof that I used once a week (I left it in my hair for an hour then washed off). What I used more regularly was the Perfect Hair Day Shampoo and Conditioner by Living Proof. However, they do have shampoos and conditioners in the Restore line that might be better for you girlie!

@anaoxox I like hair treatments you can put on dry hair so you aren't going in and out and into the shower.  I like Ojon Restorative Treatment best, and second is Phytonectar.

For shampoo, use something moisturizing.  I like Frizz Ease Beyond Smooth.

Good conditioners including Neutrogena Triple Moisture (the one in the tub) and Phytojoba.  I recently discovered Matrix Biolage HydraSource Conditioning Balm and am loving it.  I used Deva Curl One Conditioner for years, too.

A lot of people don't like silicone serums, but I like them.  I use Paul Mitch Super Skinny Serum which is popular; I also use Phytodefrisant for some extra slip.

Hair oils are a must.  My favorite is Matrix Oil Wonders Hibiscus for color treated hair.  Alterna makes some good Kendi oils, and Josie Maran Argan Oil is fine.

I also advise washing your hair as infrequently as possible.  I use dry shampoo.  My favorite was Alterna, but they changed the delivery system.  Klorane is also good; I prefer the non-aerosol one.

If you are getting frizzy areas, you may want to consider flat ironing them.  Flat iron sprays fight frizz so well for me.  I am currently using Paul Mitchell Hot off the Press and LOVE it!  Before I leave the house each morning, I use Living Proof Humidity Shield which actually works.  It's not a miracle worker, but it does make a difference.

Good luck!

I have been bleaching my hair now for about a year.  I use argon oil religiously.  Anything Josie Maran is good.  I will put the oil in my hair overnight or spray it on when it is wet.  I also use a few drugstore products on occasion with argon oil too. 

Has your stylist mentioned anything to you about your dam...

Has your stylist mentioned anything to you about your damage? I have gone back and forth from dark to light with minimal damage but I have always used the line of products that my stylist uses for color, wash twice a week and always use a deep conditioner. I would talk to your stylist and find products that will work with the line they are using on your hair for color.
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing