Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Hair Mask which to buy?

I have some damaged hair from heat styling and highlighting. My stylist recommended Oribe Moisture Mask. What are your thoughts on

Kerastase Mask for Damage Hair, https://www.sephora.com/product/resistance-mask-for-damaged-hair-P434430?icid2=products%20grid:p4344...

Briogeo 

https://www.sephora.com/product/dont-despair-repair-deep-conditioning-mask-P388628?icid2=bestsellers...

or something else. 

Your suggestions are appreciated 😊

RE: Hair Mask which to buy?

I have dark brown hair that was recently dyed blonde and I don’t have any hair damage yet but i’ve been leaving in the Briogeo Don’t Despair Repair mask overnight once a week and i’m in love with it. I get my hair wet in the shower then I apply a little bit of olaplex 3 in my hair to give it strength. After that, I saturate the rest of my hair with the briogeo mask to add moisture to my hair. It’s one of the best masks i’ve ever used.

Re: Hair Mask which to buy?

If your hair is damaged you def want to address the issue from inside out! Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL works inside your hair to repair broken bonds (even from heat styling), strengthens and improves the overall integrity of the hair! A mask does just that, it can mask the issue. However, as Olaplex is addressing the issue inside it's great to pair it with a moisture or protein mask to address the external issues. 

I wanted to let you all know that I tried the L’Oreal hair mask for thin, damaged hai, the one in the gold tub. It made my hair super soft. I highly recommend it as a budget friendly option. 

@BeautyWonder I tried the orbie mask and while I liked it, I'm not sure I could justify the price in comparison to other products. In place of conditioner most washes, I use Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment 8 oz/ 227 g. After starting, my stylist commented on how healthy my hair looked. 

@BeautyWonder I love Oribe and own a bunch of their products.  It is pricey but worth every penny.  I love it so much I got my Mom hooked.

Other options would be hair masks from Alterna, Macadamia Hair, Joico, Biolage, Fekkai, and Pureololgy.  All these brands have hair masks that are targeted to your hair needs like frizz, moisture, color treated, etc.

Also, Ulta is having their hair care event that starts this Sunday so you could save some money on hair masks plus use their coupons and points.

@SportyGirly125 Thanks for your thoughts and comments on Ulta sale! 😊

Has anyone else used the two masks above? 

@BeautyWonder I tried the Briogeo hair mask you mentioned in samples I received from Sephora a couple of times but it didn't make me want to go out and buy the full size.

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing