Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Frizzy, dry, brittle hair. :(

I have dyed black hair that is quite frizzy and dry. I don't use heat on my hair or anything I just leave it natural as it has a nice wave to it. Are there any products I can use to tame the frizz and give me shine without killing the waves or requiring heat? My hair gets pretty oily at the roots so preferably something that doesn't/won't add to that. Thanks!

RE: Frizzy, dry, brittle hair. :(

When your hair is dry, run your fingers through with some Verb Ghost oil to contain the frizz and give it a shiny healthy look and feel

RE: Frizzy, dry, brittle hair. :(

I use the Verb hydrating mask once a week but only from the ears down. This will hydrate and moisturize the hair where it needs is most without adding extra oils to your scalp. The moisturizing Shampoo and conditioner from Verb are my go-to. I have long wavy hair that is brittle from previously bleaching. I also live in a chilly/windy climate which only adds to the dryness. I depend on these products to keep my hair strong, healthy and soft. Hope this helps!

Re: RE: Frizzy, dry, brittle hair. :(

We love that you love Verb! Would love to see pics 🙂

Re: Frizzy, dry, brittle hair. :(

@kvtiex Here's what works for me:

Spoiler
Shampoo: Use a moisturizing shampoo. Many BICers use sulfate-free. I haven't had success with those, so I use John Frieda Beyond Smooth with Pure Coconut Oil

Conditioner: I am in love with Biolage Hydrasource Conditioning Balm. Other good ones are DevaCurl One Condition (popular with BICers), Phytojoba and Neutrogena Triple Moisture (the one in the tub - very affordable).

Serums: Silicone serums are very important in fighting frizz, in my opinion. My favorite is Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum. I also use it with Phytodefrisant to give my hair more slip when blow drying with a brush. I recently starting using It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product and have been impressed so far.  It's important to just squeeze water out of your hair, then apply the serum - do not towel dry unless it is a microfiber towel.

If you flat iron, I really suggest a flat iron spray. It really helps keep away the frizz. I am currently obsessed with Paul Mitchell Hot Off the Press.

Hair oils: Hair oils can do a lot to make your hair more manageable, and less prone to frizz. My fave is Matrix Oil Wonders. Other good ones are Alterna Kendi Oil and Josie Maran Argan Oil. You can use them as a treatment, in with conditioner, as a styling aid, or on dry hair (I use it this way to help with frizz).

Anti-frizz spray: I recently discovered Living Proof Humidity Shield and it really helps! I use it every morning!

Hair masks: Also good for maintaining hair health - or at least the appearance of it! My favorites have been discontinued, so I don't have any recs for you.

Dry shampoo: I highly rec this, as it will allow you to wash/dry your hair less, which means less damage. I like Klorane and Alterna.

Best of luck!!!
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing