Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Frizzy Hair help!

I have a 10 minute outside walk to work from my car & my hair completely transforms to a hot, frizzy mess! My hair looks great when I leave the house but cannot handle the heat or outside air at all. What products or routine do you do keep you hair looking smooth! Thanks xo

Re: Frizzy Hair help!

@MelissaColaLeon I know your pain!  The first thing I rec is wearing is hoodie with the hoodie up and pulled tight.  This actually works well for me - and I only have a short walk from my car to work.

But, there are also products that can help.  I use LIVING PROOF - No Frizz Humidity Shield every day and while it isn't a miracle worker, it definitely helps and I wouldn't want to be without it.

I've also found that styling products help a lot.  I rec a silicone serum; my fave is Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum.  I also rec It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product.  If you flat iron your hair, I can tell you that I've had tremendous success with heat protectants with alcohol in them b/c of the hold.

Hair oils are also great.  I use Matrix Oil Wonder (I think it was recently discontinued) after I style my hair.  BUT, I use ALTERNA Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist 4.2 oz/ 125 mL when my hair is frizzy and it calms the frizz much more than any other oil (and I must own about 5 different ones).  I like to spray it onto my hands, and then distribute.

I've also found that my frizz will ease if I give my hair a quick dry with the hair dryer.  I know this might sound quirky to do at work, but if I were in your place I know I'd definitely do that in the bathroom or in my office every day.

Best of luck!  🙂

Re: Frizzy Hair help!

I like using hair creams, hair serums and hair oils to tame frizzr hair.  Products i like are Oribe Creme for Style, Frizz Ease Extra Strength Hair Serum, and Alterna Bamboo Treatment Oil.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing