Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Fine + Wavy/Curly Texture

So I recently figured out that it's possible to have both wavy/curly hair that's also fine textured! This was news to me because I just assumed all wavy hair was medium-thick. Anyway, I've noticed that with my hair being fine, I lose my curl pretty quickly, so I end up with this slightly wavy (and very frizzy) mess by the end of the day. I currently use Lush Hair Custard for styling, and that's about it (I use dry shampoo from time to time). I'm looking for other products--sprays, mousses, treatments, etc.--that might help me maintain soft, bouncy curls betweens washes. Thanks!

Re: Fine + Wavy/Curly Texture

@bootlegtswift You might want to read Lorraine Massey's (of DevaCurl fame) book "Curly Girl."  It has a lot of nice info in it for caring for curly hair 🙂

I have fine, thinning, combo wavy/curly hair. I've been using Briogeo Curl Charisma Leave-In Defining Creme recently, and so far I really like it. I scrunch it in when I want to enhance my curls, or I use more of a raking/smoothing motion if I want to keep them loose and lazy. Even better yet, it gives me decent second-day hair, and easily reactivates with a bit of water. I will say that it isn't the most frizz-controlling product I've ever seen, but it's a small price to pay for soft, touchable body and definition. 

You are correct indeed. You can have curly hair that's thick, medium, or fine. In your case, I'd try Olaplex. It's a treatment aka the product ever.. perfect for all types of hair. It won't weigh your lovely locks down either bc you have to shampoo and condition it out. 

bootlegtswift wrote:
So I recently figured out that it's possible to have both wavy/curly hair that's also fine textured! This was news to me because I just assumed all wavy hair was medium-thick. Anyway, I've noticed that with my hair being fine, I lose my curl pretty quickly, so I end up with this slightly wavy (and very frizzy) mess by the end of the day. I currently use Lush Hair Custard for styling, and that's about it (I use dry shampoo from time to time). I'm looking for other products--sprays, mousses, treatments, etc.--that might help me maintain soft, bouncy curls betweens washes. Thanks!

Thank you for the love and support! Olaplex loves curls indeed! 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing