Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Damaged little hairs on top.

My hair is naturally straight so I don’t use a straightener but when I blow out my hair I’m stuck with my damaged pieces on top. I’ve tried hair spray and it doesn’t stay. What’s good to use after I style my hair?

RE: Damaged little hairs on top.

I have those, too! I’ve found that the Olaplex oil helps keep them under control and with consistent use I’m noticing less little broken hairs. (I don’t have bleached hair, but I do have colored hair that I straighten every day)

Re: Damaged little hairs on top.

@ginamariee I have broken hairs from flat ironing.  Once I started using Biolage Hydrasource Conditioning Balm, I saw an improvement.  I also use a product similar to this one: 

Image result for one n only brazilian tech keratin de frizz wand

I tried a pomade years and it was just OK.  I'm going to look into the one @GG84 rec'd b/c it's probably way better 🙂

RE: Re: Damaged little hairs on top.

Thanks for the suggestion! I have the same issue and feel like I’ve tried almost everything!

Re: Damaged little hairs on top.

@ginamariee I think it's important to address WHY you have breakage on the top layer rather then how to disguise it? 

I'm going to assume you lighten your hair, if that's not the case you are putting your blow dryer far too close to the brush you are using to blow dry, it's then over heating and causing breakage. Those issues should be addressed. However since you only asked for a product to help disguise, try using a pomade like Bumble and bumble Semisumo 1.5 oz/ 42 g. It will last forever as you need the smallest amount. Warm up a pea sized amount in the palm of your hands and smooth over the broken pieces, you can finish with a hairspray if you don't want a glossy look. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing