Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Coarse Hair

Any ideas for a coarse, thick and wavy hair, how to tame and smooth them without using flat iron?.... what products to use? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ’ฌ๐Ÿ’‡

RE: Coarse Hair

The 100proof oil by DryBar. I love this product for creating soft, shiny, smooth hair. It totally helps to tame it

Re: Coarse Hair

@Eyeballerina I would treat your hair as gently as possible, so that it is as healthy can be be.  This would include using a wide toothed comb instead of a brush when possible; avoiding heat styling when possible (so air dry, use dry shampoo so you can skip washes b/c washing hair can also be damaging).

For products, many BICers like sulfate-free shampoos.  I also rec a moisturizing conditioner.  I am in love with Biolage Hydrating Conditioning Balm.  Other good ones are DevaCurl, Phytojoba and Neutrogena Triple Moisture (the one in the tub).  I personally like silicone serums for the appearance of silkier/glossy hair.  My fave is Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum.  Hair oils are also excellent.  Most have silicones, which is really the secret to their success (IMHO).  My favorite is Matrix Oil Wonder, but I also like Alterna Kendi Oil (I have the serum and the spray).  Last I knew, Josie Maran Argan Oil wasn't loaded with silicones, so you could look into that one; I do like it.  Hair oils can be applied in so many ways: as a treatment, in with conditioner, as a styling treatment, or on dry hair (my favorite way).

Hair masks are also great.  My favorites have been discontinued, so I don't have any recs for you.

You could also try posting in the "curly" hair group.

Best of luck!  ๐Ÿ™‚

thanks for the response! sweet! ๐Ÿ˜โค๐Ÿ˜โค๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜

thanks for the response! sweet! ๐Ÿ˜โค๐Ÿ˜โค๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing