Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Amika straightening brush

I want to buy the Amika Straightening mini brush and it really seems practical to me. However, I have a concern if it's effective for my hair.

I have color treated hair and it's thick and long. When I wash my hair and it starts drying, it becomes very puffy. So I'm really interested to see if anyone with the same hair characteristics has used this brush and is happy about it.

Re: Amika straightening brush

@Bejeweledbysara I have the full size. I have extremely curly/frizzy hair that is below shoulder length. Overall I do find that it works well to straighten my hair. That said I suggest heading to youtube and watching some tutorials - if you are thinking you will just brush your hair and it will be straight that's not going to happen. Only the base of the brush gets hot so I still have to section my hair off and pull it through the brush just like my flat iron. I do think it uses less heat than my flat iron which I like and i like that it gives a more naturally straight look as opposed to the pin straight of my flat iron. I generally use my amika for everyday looks but I still pull out my flat iron for special occasions. It still takes the same amount of time as a regular flat iron though. 

All of that said I strongly suggest you get the full size and not the mini. Unless you had very short hair, which from your description you do not, it's just going to be completely impractical for you to use the mini. I got the full size near xmas when they had a set that came with the mini free when you got the full size and it's really really small. Like the size of those mini travel hair brushes. I realistically just cannot even imagine attempting to use that on my hair - it would take forever. 

Re: Amika straightening brush

Thank you for your reply! Very helpful 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing