cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|
Anonymous Insider

Versace Eros fragrance

So, a while back as one of my samples I got the Versace Eros fragrance spray. I was considering buying it, so I pulled it up on Sephora.com and was horrified to find it's a men's cologne. I haven't found anything close to as amazing as it smells and I keep wanting to buy it for myself. Is it weird for me to buy it?

Re: Versace Eros fragrance

I think there are 2 versions of it: men and women.  However, if you like the male version and it smells good on you, i'd say "go for it" as many mentioned before me. 😉

Don't worry about the gender it's marketed towards.  If you like it, then you like it.  The fragrance industry is starting to shift towards more gender neutral marketing, a lot of scents are being branded as unisex rather than anything gender specific.  Obviously some things are more targeted towards a more feminine scent, or what we consider 'feminine' due to years of association, but I think it's all BS.  They're just trying to push more products to hit a broader demographic.  Do what you do!  Go get it gurrrlllllll. 

FYI - The Versace Eros pour Femme smells like rotten bubblegum on me after 15 minutes.  I may try smelling the cologne now that you've mentioned it.

RE: Versace Eros fragrance

Several men’s fragrances are really unisex. I wear Jazz Club by Replica which is marketed as a men’s fragrance but smells so good and comes off as feminine on me. If it works on you and you love it, don’t even think twice. Rock it!

I say buy if you like I have bought men's cologne before it smelled better on me anyway it's all about how the fragrance blends with your body's natural scent

#pheromones

I definitely think you should get the Versace fragrance.  Life's too short....

RE: Re: Versace Eros fragrance

Tom Ford’s Black Orchid is very reminiscent of a man’s scent. Try to get a sample!! Maybe you’ll like it!

I love it! I bought myself a rollerball and then bought the Eros Pour Femme - I was disappointed. I much prefer the men's cologne.

If it compliments you and you love it... I say go for it girl!! 

Scents are gender neutral.  Just because some company marketed it to a certain gender doesn't mean it's exclusive to them.  It's not weird at all if it's a scent that speaks to you. That would be like telling men they can't wear concealer cause it's marketed toward women.  Buy the scent you love.  @Anonymous

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing