Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans

Jo Malone Fragrance, worth it?

Do Jo Malone fragrances last on your skin? Do you find that they are worth it?

RE: Jo Malone Fragrance, worth it?

Hi there!! If you’re considering JM colognes, give their brand’s website a look this week. Jo Malone is running a game-type GWP event at jomalone.com - pick a “room” in the house to reveal your *full-size* gift with $100 purchase! Some are obviously better / higher value than others - like a 100ml cologne vs. hand cream or body wash. Replay if you don’t care for the item that was randomly generated! I’ve seen 100ml sizes of Incense & Cedrat, Pomegranate Noir, English Oak & Redcurrant, Orange Bitters, and Wood Sage & Sea Salt, plus 30ml sizes of Blue Hyacinth and White Jasmine & Mint and 50ml size of Orris & Sandalwood. I redeemed for the 100ml Wood Sage & Sea Salt. The event runs through 06/14/19. This is really a spectacular deal since you can potentially get two full-sized fragrances at 100ml for the price of one. I paid $136 total for 100ml Nectarine Blossom & Honey AND 100ml Wood Sage & Sea Salt! So basically $68 for each one. I usually try to buy all my fragrances from Sephora due to the loyalty points, but you simply cannot beat a full-sized free fragrance...even if you just use the freebie as a gift or want to resell it on eBay. My absolute faves from JM are the Nectarine Blossom & Honey, Wood Sage & Sea Salt, Peony & Blush Suede, and Myrrh & Tonka intense. I sometimes do find myself reapplying in the afternoon - so I bought a set of inexpensive glass spray vials on eBay & decanted into them so I can just take a tiny amount with me for touch-ups. You can also find rollerball style vials on eBay. I personally don’t consider most JM colognes to be “worth it” at the regular price, but sometimes the GWP really tips the scale on that! Good luck on your fragrance hunt! 🙂

Re: Jo Malone Fragrance, worth it?

@greenbean13  I adore everything JoMalone ...but I'm afraid the scent dissipates way faster than my other perfumes. Same goes with JoMalone lotions. 

But they've got such classic, sweet, universally-adored scents that I still purchase or gift them despite that downside. My current favorite is Wild Bluebell. 

@greenbean13 I def think it’s worth it because the scents are unique. I been using wild bluebell as my only fragrance for the last 6ish years (even as my fall/winter fragrance). It’s expensive and it doesn’t actually last that long on me. I spray once behind my neck and once on the inner bend of my elbow (and dab on the opposite arm), I like to have a light scent on me but I usually reap,y after 3-4hours of when I don’t notice it anymore.

if you don’t mind reapplying and like a lighter fragrance scent, this would be worth it

@mmmiu Yeah, that's kind of how I feel too.

I fell absolutely in love with the Dark Amber and Ginger Lily from the Intense collection.  However, I don't think that it lasts very well.  Still, I love the scent so it was worth it to me.  

@GingerMelody ooh what kind of scent is that, it sounds lovely! 🙂

@greenbean13  It's a warm woody scent, slightly sweet with the amber.  It's hard to describe and I never would have picked it up but for the Sephora clerk at the Jo Malone counter in Las Vegas.  

@greenbean13 I’ve been a JM fan for a very long time. The scent lasts on me. If you fall in love with a scent, I think it’s worth it. 

JO MALONE LONDON - Blackberry & Bay Cologne  

is my favourite. 

@GG84 I've never tried Blackberry and Bay but it's on my list!

I loveeee wood sage and sea salt and incense and cedrat but I feel like I constantly have to reapply wood sage. I'm on my second bottle of wood sage so clearly I don't mind that much..  JO MALONE LONDON - Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne

JO MALONE LONDON - Incense & Cedrat Cologne Intense

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
testing