Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

I love the beach and want to smell like it!

I love everything Beach from the actual Beach to perfumes, body butters etc.  I do have some I enjoy but I'm always willing to try something new but with so many out there, I would like to know what everyone's favorite Beach scents is before I spend my money just hoping. Thank you!

Re: I love the beach and want to smell like it!

@klmitchell I’m in agreement with Replica Beach Walk and Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Cream for sure. But I also want to give another vote to the one @bakeamuffin mentioned because it’s completely lovely, too: TOM FORD - Soleil Blanc. I got a sample and really want to buy a mini now 😊

@klmitchell

For me it's  !Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Crush Cheirosa ’62 Bum Bum Hair & Body Fragrance Mist 8.1 oz/ 240 mL

I am originally from Rio de Janeiro and that fragrance instantly transports me to the days I used to surf and then lay on the sand. Salty skin, sunscreen, hot sand and sandalwood. 

Some people make a living by walking up and down the sand selling things, one man sold sandalwood in little bags and the scent would be carried by the wind, so I always knew he was coming.

+500. I love smelling like a tropical paradise, but only Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Visibly Firming Refillable Body Cream 8.1 oz/ 240 mL and Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Crush Cheirosa ’62 Bum Bum Hair & Body Fragrance Mist 8.1 oz/ 240 mL really do it for me. They just smell like warm, sun-kissed skin.

I know that Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Beach Walk 3.4 oz/ 100 mL eau de toilette spray and Bobbi Brown Beach Fragrance 1.7 oz/ 50 mL both have a lot of fans but, for some reason, my nose just isn't capable of smelling it?? They dry down to such a powdery scent, and I desperately wish I could smell what other people do, but I just don't!

I shared this with a Sephora fragrances rep, and she suggested PINROSE - Sun Saint, which definitely came a lot closer to the smell I wanted. Still not quite right, though. Urban Decay's limited-edition goNaked oil came closer still, but it's maybe too floral, even.

So I guess I'm satisfied with Sol de Janeiro's delicious-tasting products. I just wish I could find the right combination of layering fragrances that would prolong that coconut-and-sea-salt scent even longer.

that sounds like a great memory! I think I've looked at t...

that sounds like a great memory! I think I've looked at that before and read it and was curious. so now it sounds like something I might try. Thank you very much!

Re: that sounds like a great memory! I think I've looked at t...

No problem -  I hope you like it ❤️

Replica beach walk, hands down! 😄 TF Soleil Blanc is a close second, but it doesn’t smell as natural as beach walk does to me @klmitchell

I’ve been to the Florida coast once a child, and Beach Walk perfume pulled back all thoes memories, it’s so on point. 🏖 

@bakeamuffin I too love Replica Beach Walk - the only downside for me is that the scent doesn't last long.  I wish it was a perfume vs. eau de toilette

I haven't heard it beachwalk before so I'll have to check...

I haven't heard it beachwalk before so I'll have to check that out. thank you very much for letting me know!

@klmitchell Have you smelled "Beach" from Bobbi Brown or "Beach Walk" from Replica?

the person above you actually said the exact to you said...

the person above you actually said the exact to you said so that tells me a lot! Thank you very much!

I second beach from Bobbi Brown!

You have to try Bath and Body Works At the Beach and In the Sun.  It smells so amazing.  I have the fragrance and the body cream.  Also try the Sol De Janeiro Brazillian Bum Bum Cream.

I haven't been a bath and body work in a long time and yo...

I haven't been a bath and body work in a long time and you see you something that I don't remember the name of so this must be something new since I've been there. do you know I actually have the bum bum cream as a sample to my order. so I guess that tells me I'm really going to like it. Thank you!

Bum bum cream!! 🙌🏻 Great suggestion @SportyGirly125! That pistachio and Carmel scent is literally to die for! I have the body wash and have gone through a few of the tubs of the cream this summer ☺️ 

I have the bum bum cream as a sample on my order so you'r...

I have the bum bum cream as a sample on my order so you're not the first one to mention that one. I'm happy I put it on there. I remember reading something about pistachio and caramel so it must have been what you're talking about but I wasn't sure what pistachio would smell like. thank you for the information!

Brazilian Bum Bum....  amazing smell.  I stopped wearing perfume and now only use the body wash, the lotion and the body spray.  Cheaper and everyone always comments on how great I smell.  

@flyingchange @veronika23 @klmitchellI totally agree - Sol de Janeiro has a  Brazilian Crush Fragrance Spray that is absolutely amazing!  It smells like a tropical beach in a bottle! ❤️

I also love Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess fragrance - It smells super beachy and delish! ❤️

I keep hearing bum bum and got a sample of it with my ord...

I keep hearing bum bum and got a sample of it with my order so I'm glad I did. I'll check the other one out. Thank you!

Oh yes I have to agree with @flyingchange this is another beach scent. Smells great but pretty strong scent.

that's one I haven't heard of so I'll check that one out....

that's one I haven't heard of so I'll check that one out. Thank you!
33 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 33 replies
  • 119 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
testing