Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans

How many scents should you have?

🙋🏾I've 14 different fragrances on my dresser😯I've been telling myself I don't need this many and have tried to narrow it down to 4 possibly 5 but the problem is they all smell so good. I just don't know how to decide🤷🏾‍♀️

Re: How many scents should you have?

There are no limitations unless you choose to limit yourself. 

I'm sort of a minimalist, and I don't like having a lot of one thing or something I don't use.  So I donate or sell stuff and replace it with something better or more current. 

The one thing I keep in mind is the shelf life of a fragrance.  I always say, "First in, first out".  I would never buy too many perfumes knowing I wouldn't be able to use them up before their expiration.

No such thing as too many scents in my book.

RE: How many scents should you have?

As long as you are enjoying yourself, you can have as many as you won’t. For me parfumés are like dresses: I choose the one for day based on my mood, expected meetings or events, etc. I have about 30 parfumés plus small vials of samples that I find good enough to keep in case I have to fly light or smth like that. Every time i have to limit it to only my favorites (when I move to another city/country (that happens every 2-3 years for me)), I end up with about 10-15 fragrances.

I have around 20-25 myself with my mom having an equal amount and we share and swap all the time. I don’t know if there should be a limit on scent because some days I wake up and want a certain thing, other days I want something else. It’s all about the mood/vibe for me!

...i don't feel like down-sizing anymore for now...

and i can't do it on my own either

Guerlain, Mugler, Tom Ford, ...

I`m still down-sizing my collection. I would like to shortlist it to 10 faves, then to "5-forever"... 🙂 That would be quite a challenge for me; and should that include all my discovery sets?  They`re just tiny spray vials more or less; and what about all the rollerballs? Let's say I have 30 rollerballs, should I keep 10? 7? 5? 3? And then there's my miniature collections !!!! What do i do with those...i mean they're so cute...

For sure, i would keep:

John Varvatos Dark Rebel and Artisan

Givenchy: Organza du Desert, Pour Homme(2002), and Dahlia Divin

Dior: J'Adore

YSL: La Nuit de l'Homme

There is no limit except your bank account. If you go on YouTube you’ll see perfume collectors who have over 50 and love each one. I have 13. I rotate most of them with the seasons. But I love the diversity of fragrance and pairing my scent with my mood, outfit, schedule, etc.

Haha i have 5 but 14 thats alot but i love smelling different everyday ! I think my favorite perfume is versace bright star it smells so good and fit with any occasion and any season!

I used to have 2-3 but I decided to stick with one (which I absolutely love - D&G Light Blue) for now. I'm aiming for a minimalist approach, that's why. At the end of the day, it depends on your personal preference.

I have five and I thought that was too many, lol ^_^ but then I told myself that it’s okay because it related to all my different moods.

Re: RE: How many scents should you have?

🙂

which one is your favorite from your collection ?

Good question !!

Answer: as many as you want 🙂 (as is possible considering we have to pay our power bill, phone bill, ...)

I have been collecting fragrances of and on for about 20 years ( when it was do-able).

My first love was Anais Anais by Cacharel (the real, the first ever AnaisAnais).

And now, all these years later, i still love it because my top3 favorite flowers are white lily, lily-of-the-valley, and hyancinth. 

So you might want to keep all your fragrances and remember that there are

300-and-some days per year 🙂 and your happiness is a major part of your life 🙂

What are your absolute 3-5 choices from your shelf ?

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing