Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

summer vanilla perfume?

I'm looking for a new summer perfume. I want something light, fresh, and vanilla. However, I don't want anything sickeningly sweet like Pink Sugar or Prada's Candy or too musky or heavy either. Anyone have suggestions of something I could try?Anything that would make a great vanilla summer perfume? I thought about maybe Laura Mercier's Creme Brulee or Almond Coconut Eau Gourmandes. A friend of mine also mentioned Aqua Di Parma's Blu Mediterraneo Mandorlo Di Sicilia. Has anyone tried these?

I have not tried those, sorry but I do know a sexy but li...

I have not tried those, sorry but I do know a sexy but light vanilla scent.  I really like Victoria's Secret Vanilla Lace, it's a body splash so it's light enough.

Re: I have not tried those, sorry but I do know a sexy but li...

I love the Vanilla Dee-Lite body cream from LUSH and the Vanillery solid perfume from there as well. The Vanillery gorilla perfume is nice too but tends to wear a little powdery and I'm not crazy about that.
From Sephora have you tried any of the LaVanilla scents? I looked at Laura Mercier's Creme brûlée but it smelled a little sickly to me. I also really like Flowerbomb, it's sweet and a little vanilla to me but on the dry down I get a vanilla-y white musk scent.

Look into the LAVANILA series of fragrances.  To me, thes...

Look into the LAVANILA series of fragrances.  To me, these have the best vanilla scents sans headaches or artificial ingredients (that can make vanilla smell like plastic??).  They have just added new fragrance on their official site:  Vanilla Summer.  It might be worth checking out.

Vanilla tends to go well with oriental notes.  These to some may seem heavy.  That is probably one of the reasons why it may be hard to find a light vanilla in a fragrance.  

The almond coconut may be a good direction too.  What comes to mind of a light similar scent is the Almond Milk concentrate from L'Occitane.  However, it does not come in a fragrance format. 

Viva La Juicy personally reminded me of sickeningly sweet and did not pair with my body chemistry.  If sampling, try it outdoors first as it can overwhelm a small indoor space.  To avoid overly sweet fragrances, watch out for notes of sugary bases (praline, caramel, marzipan, etc.).

Hope that helps.

Thank you! I'll look into it! I did'nt even know about th...

Thank you! I'll look into it! I did'nt even know about the LAVANILA fragrances, I'll have to pop into Sephora and smell them. 

I know! For some reason most "light" and "fresh" tends to...

I know! For some reason most "light" and "fresh" tends to translate into "sweet" and "fruity". The Pink Sugar is really really sweet.

My personal all time favorite is DKNY Pure, it's simple, fresh, clean and not overpowering or sweet, perfect for me. I second the La Vanilla and Clean series, both have fresh clean fragrance that are mostly not too sweet.

Also, do you know you can type in notes and get perfumes with description matching those notes? I searched for "lotus, sandalwood, vanilla" and found DKNY Pure, which is my go-to perfume. You can search for notes you like, then eliminate the ones with "sweet" as popular tags, and see what you are left with and if you like any of them.

I have not tried the scents you mentioned but Viva la jui...

I have not tried the scents you mentioned but Viva la juicy by Juicy Couture, and Butterfly by Hanae Mori are both great vanilla base sscents. They also both come in a rollerball size so you don't need to buy full size (unless you want). Vanilla Grapefruit by LaVanila is also an option but it also has a citrus scent too.

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing