Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

perfume

I am looking for a perfume that will last all day and isn't overly strong. I don't want anything fruity floral or super sweet but I also don't want something masculine smelling. Any recommendations?

Tags:

Re: perfume

hands down to all Valentino fragrances, they last ALL day and are great

RN I only own the classic Valentino Donna, but I've tried the Born in Roma a couple of times and I just put up an order for it! 

Dior Girl Poison has been my go-to fragrance but it can be overwhelming for some people. 

Re: perfume

@Maddyallen 

The trick is the longer lasting perfumes tend to start off stronger and can really pack a punch in the opening. You may consider spraying your hair or clothing to increase longevity.

You might want to try looking into the smoky genre, incenses, musks which can be "white musk" or "clean musk" if you don't want anything too heavy, non-sweet florals, and woods.

Smoky scents tend to be more of a niche thing and they might be too strong for you. Some great, decent lasting ones are Broken Theories by Kerosene and Hiram Green's Hyde. A "softer" one would be Revolution by Cire Trudon. I know CT is a candle company but their fragrances are pretty solid.

Veering into smoky-sweet territory, you can try KILIAN Paris Angels Share Eau De Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray but definitely test it to make sure it's not too sweet. A cheaper option that's sweet, but not overly so, is Libertine Fragrance's Troubled Spirits which is a comforting autumnal scent.

Great clean musks are Mona di Orio's Musc. If you'd like something more affordable and along the lines of "clean laundry" , try Maison Margiela ’REPLICA’ Lazy Sunday Morning 

Non-sweet florals, well, there's a lot to choose from. If you don't find aldehydes too strong, Chanel has some great classics that will last awhile. Guerlain as well though they can be too "old fashioned" for younger noses. My picks here would be Frederic Malle's Portrait of a Lady though it's really rich and dark and Carnal Flower which is a standard setting tuberose.

Wood tends to be associated with men but oud is resilient and tends not to read as gendered. For a lighter and cleaner, but also very tenacious take, try TOM FORD Oud Wood . One spray lasts on my clothes for days. Another wood that I think can read more feminine is sandalwood. My favourite is Mona di Orio's version but for a more affordable take, Maison Louis Marie No.04 Bois de Balincourt Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray is a popular one, often cited as a dupe for Le Labo's Santal, both of which has decent longevity. Personally, I find the openings to be very different and Le Labo's leathey opening is the best part of the fragrance, in my opinion.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing