Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

looking for a smell

when I was younger i got the Hilary Duff perfume at Sears. it smelled devine and also like Britney's. now that I'm older, is there a more mature but still fresh and young smell out there? I do like Marc Jacobs daisy but I can't find my smell...lmao

Re: looking for a smell

@mhoney83 @Are you looking for something fresh, fruity, clean, musky, sweet, green, floral, etc.?  I have never smelled the perfumes you listed other than Marc Jacobs Daisy.  Daisy is a fresh floral, with a mild sweetness.  It’s fairly safe.  I totally agree with @Nickelliebear1 on Kilian Princess.  I currently have the rollerball size, but getting a FB during the VIB sale approaching.  

fresh fruity but not old lady soap smells. lol the smells...

fresh fruity but not old lady soap smells. lol the smells are from the 2000's really where every pop star had to have a perfume. I will look for that one you and the other girl mentioned. Ty

I am so embarrassed to be admitting this right now but when I was younger, I was in love with fragrance.  My signature scents were all disgustingly sweet gourmands, not just With Love by Hilary Duff (which I think I still have a bottle of somewhere in storage), but Britney Spears Fantasy, Princess by Vera Wang and Pink Sugar.

Guess what?  I'm twenty-six and I still want to smell like a friggin' cupcake.  Maybe just a little less intense.

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Eau de Parfum 1 oz/ 30 mL

is one of the bottles I gravitate towards.  I always get compliments on it, no matter if I wear it day or night.  It has a sweet note, toned down with a little bit of musk, a few florals and coffee. 

Right now, I have two fragrances on my wishlist.  KILIAN - Princess Eau de Parfum which is still a spicy gourmand, but a little lighter.  I had a sample of it and I absolutely loved it.  and KAYALI VANILLA | 28 Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz/100 mL eau de parfum spraybecause vanilla is always a good idea.

I love a vanilla scent but one time I got into a car and...

I love a vanilla scent but one time I got into a car and the person thought I smelled like peanut butter. lmao. I will def need to browse the perfume section instead of makeup next time I go to Sephora.

@mhoney83I'd recommend trying some of the Jo Malones or the Chanel Eaux series. They're both pretty light and fresh. You might also like some of the lighter Replicas that Sephora carries.

thank you so much. I will look into that.

thank you so much. I will look into that.

Re: thank you so much. I will look into that.

@mhoney83you're very welcome!

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing