Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Zodiac fragrances - Winter edition ‌‌‌‌‌‌ ♑︎ ♒︎ ♓︎

Curious to hear what fragrances you would assign for the winter zodiac signs! ❄️  If you're a winter baby and there's a fragrance you think really captures your sun sign, please share 🙂

Here's my list

CAPRICORN [cardinal* earth]

• Frederic Malle's Bois d'Orage aka French Lover. Unsentimental. In command. Crisp clean lines of spice and cedar contrast with a vegetal, earthy base. Marlene Dietrich in a pressed tuxe.
  • Chanel's Cuir de Russie. Traditional and rich as Croesus. Glittering cut glass aldehydes paired the warmth of horse hides. You can't afford her, don't even bother, just obey.
  • Beaufort London's Vie et Armis. Powerful with an understated sense of humour. Like most Capricorns, it takes awhile to grow into itself. An intensely smoky opening dries down to a rich, spicy, peaty tea. Takes no prisoners and suffers no fools. 

AQUARIUS [fixed* air]

• Bvlgari's Black. Innovative and daring. One of the original smoky scents that brought in a rubber note that would be revisited by many niche fragrances years later. A runner up for this spot would be Etat Libre's Jasmin et Cigarette.
  • Gucci Mémoire d'une Odeur Eau de Parfum 3.3 oz/ 100 mL Eau de Parfum Spray. Non-binary and ACE. Understated, with an unexpected mineral side. Too lost in their own dimension to give a damn what you think. 
  • Nasomatto's Absinthe. Synthetic. Weird. Aside from the mad scientist, no pyramid notes approach the brand brings, Absinthe is an unexpected combo of beets and anise. Odd for the sake of being odd.
  • L'Artisan Parfumeur's Dzongkha. Unusual and singular. A spicy, dusty and highly uncommercial orris. Marches to the beat of its own Buddhist bells. Runner up: LUSH's truly bizarre Breath of God.

PISCES [mutable* water]

• Dusita's Erawan. Panoramic and dreamy. The gentlest, herbal hay and tobacco. Scent of a poet painting in watercolours. 
  • Libertine Fragrance's Chlorophyllia. Gentle and cool. This delicate green and orris scent makes me think of icicles melting. The promise of spring. 
  • Di Ser's Mizu. Cleansing and peaceful. A beautiful all-natural composition of citrus, florals, and herbs. All is forgiven.

* Cardinal signs signify the start of a season. Traits associated with cardinals are initiating, leading. Fixed signs are at the peak of the season and are associated with stability and endurance. Mutable signs signal the end of the season. Traits include adaptability and nimbleness.

Re: Zodiac fragrances - Winter edition ‌‌‌‌‌‌ ♑︎ ♒︎ ♓︎

@pocketvenus - This is great!  Your description of me using the  perfumes is spot-on! 🥰  Now I'll have to find samples to see if I can identify with one. 😁

@pocketvenus I can't wait to see the rest. I'm going to compare my big 3 with the ones you suggest and see which one has the most that sound good to me. So far Aqua has 2. 

As a Capricorn, my all time winter scent is Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' By the Fireplace 

It's earthy and intense but fades to a nice vanilla which I love. Also a fan of Maison Margiela REPLICA Whispers In The Library if feeling a bit more dark academia

I think this is an awesome thread, but I’m horrible at knowing anything about signs and their characteristics. I know my mom clashed with all Leo’s (my dad was a Leo). And I am a Cancer, born on the cusp of Gemini. I know Pisces because my mom and sis and best friend are Pisces. The rest are all basically a blur to me, haha. Anyway, I’ll will be following along, even if I have not much to contribute!  @pocketvenus 

@sister13 I'm going to add element and modality to the signs and maybe it will help others join in 🙂

I love this, @pocketvenus !

I have a horrible memory of perfumes that I don't end up buying for myself, so I have to go with recent perfumes I've tried. For this, I'm going with both astrological signs and their associated tarot cards (fresh on my mind since I just had to make a web page with a table full of data for a web development class, and all my data was about astrological and tarot associations). 

Capricorn. Earth. Devil card. I'd go with something tempting but still a little earthy. Vanilla, but more sensuous than sweet. The 7 Virtues Santal Vanille Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

Aquarius. Air. Star card. Something fresh, hopeful, blissful, reminiscent, not overly complicated. Juliette Has a Gun PEAR INC. Travel Spray 0.25 oz/ 7.5 mL Eau de Parfum Spray 

Pisces. Water. Moon card. Something aquatic and fresh, but with a little mystery since the moon card is all about the unknown. I'm going with Maison Margiela Replica's When The Rain Stops (I can't seem to find the product to tag) because we never know when exactly the rain will stop, but when it does stop and when the night fades, there's a fresh, new beginning.

@txcatx I love these responses and well thought out inputs. Can't wait to hear what you suggest in the future thread for cancerians like myself 🙂

@txcatx These suggestions, your descriptions, and the tarot card associations are next level!! Love it ❤️ Also that sounds like a really fun data project 🙂

Hi. New here. Curious what you think a good scent for a sagittarius would be? 😊

@pocketvenus What a fantabulous thread to start, you absolute fragrance genius. I can't wait til' the summer (please start one for the summer too 😉 haha)

yaaas-fist-pump.gif

@QueenMarceline Definitely going to cover the whole zodiac!!!

@pocketvenus I cannot wait til' it's cancer  season!!!! 😁😍

source.gif

Re: Zodiac fragrances - Winter edition ‌‌‌‌‌‌ ♑︎♒︎ ♓︎

I am a Pisces! I am not a perfum expert but curious what people would assign to that Zodiac sign!

This might be an over-played fragrance but the one I immediately think of when thinking about a Pisces such as yourself @Mellmars1185 is the Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue Eau de Toilette Spray I just find it so "watery/fresh" which reminds me of the watery pisces sign. 🙂 I'll try to update this once I think of more but that is the one that instantly came to mind.

@QueenMarceline Great Pisces suggestion! I'm a bit weak when it comes to familiarity with aquatics because it's not a personal preference so I'm definitely going to need help when it comes to the water signs 🙂

@pocketvenus My entire family are either pisces or aquarius 😂(except for me) it's almost laughable.

Thanks @QueenMarceline ! I do enjoy fresh scents the most!

@Mellmars1185 Have you tried the D&G Light Blue? 🙂

No i have not @QueenMarceline 

@Mellmars1185 Hopefully you get to try it out sometime and let me know how you like it 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 65 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos3
  • yaaas-fist-pump.gif
  • Screenshot_20220118-055920_Sephora.jpg
  • source.gif
testing