Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Your favourite vanilla fragrance?

I have been searching for a good vanilla fragrance forever! Any recommendations? I have tried Jo Malone vanilla anise, Diptyque eau duelle and Tom Ford tobacco vanille. I do like the Jo Malone one, but it's discontinued 😞 Any other suggestions? I'd prefer niche brand 🙂 Thanks!

Re: Your favourite vanilla fragrance?

The blend! I wanted to try that brand!

You have to go smell the Vanilla Amber, its an amazing combo!!!!   

I Don't use it on its own but use when I want to add a vanilla note to a perfume I'm wearing to soften it I love bourbonvanilla!!

Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille, hands down.

It actually smells just like the vanilla plantation I visited on my honeymoon.  Divine.

I'm a vanilla fragrance nut myself. I like Bath & Body Works Wild Madagascar Vanilla, Victoria's Secret Vanilla Lace, and during the holidays B&BW Vanilla Bean Noel.

Another vanilla nut here. Every time I smell a fragrance and love it, turns out it always has vanilla in it lol   I love Vanilla Bean Noel, I have to buy something from that line every year 😛

I prefer Tauerville  Vanilla Flash to TF Tobacco vanilla.  Very similar but without the strong cinnamon in TV.  

I love vanilla...but don't think I have a favorite.  Can't wait to see more of what others come up with.

Diptyque Eau Duelle I do really love.

If I want vanilla, I usually reach for Shalimar or Shalimar Souffle. I get the feeling that those aren't quite vanilla enough for you, though! Because they aren't what I would consider a pure vanilla.

If you want niche, try Dame Perfumery Scottsdale.  Their Black Flower Mexican Vanilla is really popular among niche-loves on Fragrantica, and it smells delicious.  I splurged and bought the full bottle, and I wear it constantly in the fall/winter.  It's got some spice to it, so it isn't cloying.

If you're willing to go designer (though less frequently worn, it seems), also look at YSL Cinema.  It has more amber to it, and is one of my other cold-weather loves.

*ETA: I forgot Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensee, which is also a lovely spicy vanilla.  Seeing a trend with my loves?  I don't do super-sweet.

I second Atelier Cologne. It's a darker vanilla, not overly sweet or bright, but very richly gourmand. What you would expect a Madagascar bourbon vanilla bean pod to smell like. It layers well with various citrus scents.

Oh I think I want to try this Atelier one, it sounds like my kind of fragrance! 😉

+1 Atelier Vanille

or try Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

and 

L'artisan Perfumer L'eau D'ambre Extrême and

Replica Funfair

Competitor Sud Pacific also has alot of vanilla scents

I don't have a favourite vanilla scent ever since Dior Addict was reformulated for the umpteenth time, I prefer woody orientals.

Good luck!

YES, I second L'eau D'ambre - also lovely!  Especially the Extreme version.

33 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing