Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Your favourite vanilla fragrance?

I have been searching for a good vanilla fragrance forever! Any recommendations? I have tried Jo Malone vanilla anise, Diptyque eau duelle and Tom Ford tobacco vanille. I do like the Jo Malone one, but it's discontinued 😞 Any other suggestions? I'd prefer niche brand 🙂 Thanks!

Re: Your favourite vanilla fragrance?

Try The 7 Virtues Vanilla Woods but also purchase the roller ball oil.  Its high dollar but, from all reviews Ive been reading ( Ive read over 500 reviews on sephora on the subject) the 2 together allow the perfume to las5 longer. The perfume on its own, didnt last on my skin. I applied a similar scented lotion on my skin prior to spraying the perfume,  just to achieve a longer lasting scent, so others could smell my perfume...

Im obsessed with locating a vanilla, creamy scent like KayAli Vanille/28, that lasts.  Huda ruined her perfume...Vanilla/28  by not adding whatever it took, to make the scent last because that scent, was to die for. 

One more opinion of mine. Samples are always stronger, luring us in, to purchase the larger sizes. Then, when we get our order, the scent is WEAK, NOTHING LIKE THE SAMPLE.  Many perfume lovers are saying this.  Its upsetting 

If you're looking for niche, give Arquiste's The Architects Club a try. It's a crisp, woody vanilla if my memory serves me right.

Not a huge vanilla person, so I can't really speak for favourites. But I can vouch for Arquiste- even if a lot of their perfumes didn't end up being buys for me (mostly because they weren't "me" enough), the notes blend beautifully and longevity is top-notch (projection varies- some tend to hang much closer to the skin than others).

I really like By Kilian Amber Ood.  While it says ood, it is not really an ood fragrance.  There is only the very slightest hint of ood.  Some people can't smell the ood at all.  Mostly, when I wear this fragrance I smell amber and vanilla.  Definitely a niche fragrance and if you like amber also, one I suggest you check out as the vanilla notes are lovely.

This is my favorite, wear-almost-everyday fragrance: VANILLE GIVREE DES ANTILLES BY LA MAISON DE LA VANILLE (sorry for all caps but had to copy and paste because the name is so frickin long). Sephora used to carry this, maybe 8-10 years ago. When they discontinued it, I stocked up on bottles for $5.00. Unreal.

This is a sweet vanilla, but not in a cloying, baked goods way. It's an adult vanilla, with a touch of patchouli and incense, myrrh I believe. It's also not so "oriental" that you can only wear it in cold weather or at night. I wear this almost daily in warm California weather, and it's never too much. Even though it's not listed as a note, I get a bit of orange blossom from this as well. It's harder to find in the U.S. so I suggest getting a sample first. 

The Madagascar from La Maison is also a favorite. It's a heavier, smokier vanilla. It doesn't last very long on me though.  The Antilles lasts all day!

Creed Sublime Vanille. Drool worthy, and it's my wedding fragrance so I'm particular to it

Anonymous Insider

I like Atelier Vanilla perfume.

Lavanila

I agree! Love this scent! 

Thank you ladies for all the awesome suggestions!

Atelier has an amazing vanilla, and it layer with their orange sanguine to become one of the most phenomenal scents in the world.

I adore vanilla scents.  Check out Comptoir Sud Pacifique.  Their Vanille Extreme and Vanilla Coco are in regular rotation among my many fragrances.  

I agree about CSP.

Don't like vanilla. Still can't figure out if I don't like it or just do not want to smell like it! lol!

But, I think this one smells good from the samples I have received from Sephora.

I also suggest the Vanille Extreme, every time I wear it someone asks me what I am wearing and for me to write it down for them! 

I second the Vanille Extreme but my personal favorite is Vanille Abricot. It's very sweet, so if that's not your thing you probably won't like it, but I love it.

I like sweet! Thank you. Next time I go to Sephora I will get a sample! 

The only downside is that it doesn't last very long on me. But that's ok, just gives me another reason to put more on  🙂

I normally wear floral perfumes, but I do enjoy a select few vanilla perfumes. I like TokyoMilk Dark in 62 Tainted Love. It is my first and favorite vanilla perfume. 

My lists also include Nirvana Black and Alien.

Ooh yes, I forgot about Tainted Love.

So...for a while I was dabbing clear vanilla extract on myself....which works very well and stays on for a very long time. But if you don't want to smell like straight up vanilla (which I do) I also really like The Blend 03 Warm Vanilla Amber. It's a very warm and sexy vanilla. 

Anonymous Insider

Shannon, what a great idea!!

33 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing