Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Wintertime fragrance

So the wintertime is catch up time for me and my girls, any suggestions for weekend brunches and/or early evening dinner outings that's not fruity and floral. 

Re: Wintertime fragrance

@Latoni78 Great winter scents that are neither fruity or floral. I'd explore smokes, incenses, woods and ouds. 

• Comme des Garcons original, Kyoto, Yoyogi. The original is this rich, spicy concoction, no sweetness, with cloves and labdanum the most prominent notes to my nose, just fantastic. Kyoto is a delicate incense that's woody yet feminine. Yoyogi is green and camphorous, really suitable for winter.
  • KILIAN Paris Intoxicated a great cardamom scent toffee scent. Sweetest in this list but not at all fruity.
  • Jo Malone London Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne . Unobstrusive, easy to wear and good for eating out because it won't mess with your food.
  • Diptyque's Tam Dao for comforting sandalwood. If you can splurge, go for Mona di Orio's Santal Nabataea which is hands down the best sandalwood I've ever come across.
  • One of my fave winter scents is Slumberhouse's Norne but it's dreadfully expensive and not widely distributed. Think deep winter forest with coniferous needles and sap. Actually, don't know if they're still being carried but Tom Ford's Vert d'Encens is another that comes to mind in this vein.

My recommendation is Viktor & Rolf BonBon. It's a sweet fragrance that is almost edible and delectable yet so sexy and sophisticated. It's a lot of peoples favorite fragrance and it's one of my winter go-to's when I stray away from my florals and go more for the gourmand fragrances. I could see it being great for a date night or a girls brunch. Check out a sample if you can at your local Ulta or Sephora. Viktor&Rolf BONBON 

@Latoni78  I have been wearing KILIAN Paris Apple Brandy Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray  non stop since I got it. Perfect scent for anytime 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing