Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What's your go to, gotta have it, picking it up the most scent?

Scent interests me beyond description. I think I am developing an addiction. However, no matter how many fragrances I own there's 2 or 3 that have been staples. I reach for these the most! Here's my top three: 1) Lolita Lempicka Minuit Midnight Fragrance: this stuff can't even be found except on ebay, where you'll pay but I cannot get enough of its balmy, licorice scent! Just sexy for date nights or a night out. 2)Chanel Cocomademoiselle: no explanation here because it's a cult favorite! I just restocked as I run through it so quickly. Just a classy scent that I love wearing when I am dressed in my jeans and a blazer or my professional gear! 3) YSL Paris premieres Roses: My everday go to! It's non fussy clean, sweet, floral soapiness just makes me feel pretty. Love this stuff!

Re: What's your go to, gotta have it, picking it up the most scent?

I don't really have a most worn fragrance, I wear everything in my collection, but I do have some fragrances that get worn more than the rest.  For fall/winter, my most worn are Nasomatto 'Baroanda', Maison Francis Kurkdjan 'Grand Soir', and Frederic Malle 'Portrait of a Lady'.  I also love Papillon Artisan Perfumes 'Salome' but it is super duper animalic so it is only appropriate in certain situations or when I am at home.  Otherwise, I would wear it alot more than I actually do LOL  On the designer end for fall/winter, I wear Narciso Rodriguez 'Poudree', Tom Ford 'Velvet Orchid', and Guerlain '.  For spring/summer my most worn fragrances are Serge Lutens 'La Fille de Berlin', Chanel 'No 19',, Parfums de Marley 'Delina', and Creed 'Love in White'.  I have ALOT more fall/winter fragrances then I do spring/summer as I gravitate more toward the heavy fragrances that are more appropriate in the cooler months.

RE: What's your go to, gotta have it, picking it up the most scent?

I cycle between a few favourites.

@ChrissyT35  Welcome to the fragrance addiction club. 🙂

To answer your question, for myself it is kind of like Lays potato chips:

I can't wear just one.

@Vmaster I'm just seeing this and had to let you know that this comment made me LOL... So true! 😄

Lately my favorite has been Si Passione by Giorgio Armani but I also love Sublime Vanille by Creed 😍

Lately, it’s Le Labo Patchouli 24. For a long time, I refused to sniff even a tester of the candle version because I assumed it’d be like every other patchouli-driven fragrance out there. I was wrong! It’s warm and smoky and I love it. 

Sometimes I wear Le Labo Patchouli behind one ear (or on one wrist, one arm crook, etc.) and Killian Black Phantom on the other. This highlights Black Phantom’s burnt caramel (on me, anyway), especially once it’s dried down. 

@WinglessOne, nice combo 🙂

I love gourmand and citrus-y fragrances, like L'Occitane's Verbena 

COMMODITY - Gold

Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' By the Fireplace 3.4 oz/ 100 mL

or even my Hempz Pineapple and Melon lotion lol

Also, looking for more, so if anyone has any reccs, would greatly appreciate it!

@RNGesusPls I’m glad I’m not the only one to mention Replica By the Fireplace. I find it such a comforting fragrance in the morning and it lasts on me all day long. 

On the topic of citrus fragrances, have you tried Pomelo Fizz by Comptoir Sud Pacifique? (I would tag it but, oh my goodness, the updates to the tagging feature make it completely dreadful to find on iOS.) It’s a sweet citrus and it makes me feel so happy when I use it 😊

@RNGesusPls if you're going for citrus, you might like any of the Atelier Colognes like ATELIER COLOGNE - Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue Pure Perfume

There's also a citrus series by Hermes, and a garden series you might like.

Other nice citrus perfumes

Ahhh will check all of those out, thank you so much @pocketvenus😍 ! Funny, the Hermes Jardin ones are on my to-try list already!  

@RNGesusPlsyou're totally welcome 🙂

@RNGesusPls  Just thought I let you know that I found a new citrusy fragrance,  Nest Grapefruit and Verbena. It's one of their new fragrances and it's really nice, perfect for summer!! I'm not great at distinguishing different notes, but this one is clean and fresh. Not heavy at all. The body cream is sooo nice too. 😊

@yankeefaithful Awesome, thank you so much for looking out 😍 ! I love clean and fresh too

@RNGesusPls  Oh, I love L'occitane Verbena!! It's so fresh and clean!! So does the Commodity, Maison Margiela have the same fresh fragrance? And the Hempz is citrusy too? It's hard to find anything that has the same as the L'occitane!! Thanks for your thoughts!!😊

@yankeefaithful Fresh and clean is what I love about L'Occitanes fragrances! They smell natural and not artificial. Another one I like fresh Brown Sugar 1 oz/ 30 mL Eau de Parfum Spray is also surprisingly citrus-y lol. The Hempz strongly smells like sweet pineapple, and if you have an Ulta store nearby that carries it as tester, you can try it out--it's a strong smell. The Commodity and Maison Margiela are more gourmand, not citrus-y (sorry about the confusion). Commodity Gold is more vanilla-y and reminds me of passing by the ice cream parlor as they're making sugar waffle cones. MM Replica by the Fireplace is more smokey vanilla, like roasting marshmallows over a bonfire.

I wish I could have a few favourites and stick to them. Instead I chop and change my mind constantly which tends to get very expensive. Currently my top three would be Prada's La Femme l'Eau, Dahlia Divin by Givenchy, and Gabrielle by Chanel. Im trying to break this habit of buying full size fragrances and opt for decants instead, thereby allowing me to try a variety of scents for a few weeks without breaking the bank!

Tom Ford’s Orchid Soleil is like the love of my life fragrance. I also go back to YSL’s Black Opium often & I’ve worn Marc Jacobs Daisy for years.

I have been loving the new Miss Dior EDT version! I find it isn't as heavy and has a touch less sweetness than the original. Other than that one, my signature scent and true love is still Tom Ford's black Orchid.

@Anewxa, I really loved Black Orchid when it came out. It was just so different from everything else. It definitely reminds me of a very different time 🙂

30 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
testing