Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What's your current signature scent, and has it changed over the years?

What's your current signature fragrance? How does it make you feel? I feel like most of us have taste that changes as we age, so most people don't have permanent signature fragrances. What was/were your previous signature fragrances? Why did you stop wearing them? How do you feel when you smell them now?

For many, scent is strongly tied to memory. If you wore a specific perfume during a certain period in your life, it can bring you back. Sometimes the memories are pleasant, and sometimes they aren't. Once a lady told me she wore Marc Jacobs Daisy while working a miserable job she hated, and years down the line whenever she smelled it, it brought her back to that job. She grew to loathe the fragrance for that reason. Any interesting stories?

My current signature is Tom Ford Black Orchid. It's the first real perfume I fell in love with. I threw my cheap body spray away and bought myself the biggest bottle, it's been with me since. It's bold, dark, and absolutely lovely.

My mom wears Calvin Klein Obsession, so whenever I smell it, I think of her.

Re: What's your current signature scent, and has it changed over the years?

Wowow, that's quite the list & all from fantastic houses.

It seems like niche perfume houses have become extremely popular in recent years, everyone I follow is seeking their own unique scent. I've been meaning to delve deeper into niche fragrances. (I've sampled a few at this point, though I haven't purchased any...) I'm afraid my wallet will suffer for it. >.<'

I've discovered a promising new house through Fragrantica that isn't outrageously expensive & the reviews coming in are pretty positive ~ Stora Skuggan. I'm especially interested in "Silphium". I love orientals.

Re: What's your current signature scent, and has it changed over the years?

@JoaMWer 

I know what you mean, the prices are so inflated now! To keep it affordable, I buy smaller sizes and decants. My preferred size is 8-10ml. I switch so much, I find I can't use up 50ml bottles nevermind the 100ml!

I like some smaller niche houses that are pretty affordable, or priced on par with designer houses like Jazmin Sarai, Libertine, 4160 Tuesdays. Etat Libre is another favourite niche house with reasonable prices. L'Artisan P used to be but since it was bought by Puig, there have been huge changes. 

There are discount sites and good vintage can be pretty affordable on eBay though the latter takes a lot of work.

If you try the Stora Skuggan, would love to hear what you think of it! ❤️

22 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 91 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing