Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What is this stuff floating happily around in my brand new perfume?

So... My brand new ( and original ) perfume is full of tiny specks/particles just floating happily around. They look like dandruff. ( The fragrance actually smells as it should. It is not off or anything. ) Does anyone know what is that about? What are they, and why does this happen? I already got my money back, and I am gonna toss the fragrance because that just looks scary and worrisome. I am just curious what is that about? ( And is it actually safe? The germ freak that I am, I probably wouldn't dare to use it. Just curious. )

Re: What is this stuff floating happily around in my brand new perfume?

Thanks, guys! I got rid of it. It was a brand new perfume, freshly opened, never used before. With a sprayer, not a rollerball. It was not supposed to have those floaties in it. I talked to the brand directly, they had no idea what they could be, but they were not supposed to be in there.

@RavenR Glad you got that sorted and I hope you got a refund!

@Titian06 Thanks for the tag! @RavenR this might sound a little gross but if it's a rollerball or any package where your skin comes into contact with the product, it could be dead skin. But perfume is mostly alcohol so I wouldn't worry too much about germs!

Hi, @RavenR !  I'm sorry to here something is amiss with your new perfume! 😝  My guesses without knowing which perfume so I can look up the ingredients are the ingredients separated, the perfume was stored incorrectly (too hot, too cold), or maybe they're supposed to be there (kinda like glitter in eyeshadow or nail polish).  Like I said, I'm just brain storming without seeing the floaties or knowing the ingredients. Maybe @pocketvenus has an idea?

@RavenR hi, can you show us a pic, please?

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing