Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What fragrances do you remember from your childhood the most?

375x500.9148.jpg

MV5BNmU5N2NiYzctNWNlNS00NzdlLWE5ZGUtM2Q2MzI4NjE0NDZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjM0MzAyNTU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I also remember Verve, Tabu, Heaven Scent, Exclamation, Designer Impostor Body Sprays, Giorgio, Liz Claiborne, Eternity, Navy, Charlie, Anise Anise, Love's Baby Soft, Jean Nate, Chantilly, Le Fleur.  Funny how back in the day we often bought fragrances from the drugstore on the cheap!

Re: What fragrances do you remember from your childhood the most?

I still love this scent! Especially the underarm deodorant. 😍

RE: Re: What fragrances do you remember from your childhood the most?

I liked British Sterling Lime, and original Polo. Now, I like Killian's Straight to Heaven on my husband. It is sexy and masculine, without being heavy.

Oh man, there is this one Axe or Old Spice smell that is super nostalgic to me. One of my highschool boyfriends wore it and I catch a smell of it from time to time and it totally makes me think of highschool! 

I remember wanting to own Elizabeth Arden's Sunflowers soooo badly!

Image result for sunflowers elizabeth arden

Remember all the Avon fragrances?  My mom liked Sweet Honesty,

Image result for avon sweet honesty

Pearls and Lace,

Image result for avon pearls and lace

And Odyssey. 

Image result for avon odyssey

Oh my, I did not like the smell of Odyssey.

Did anyone have the Tinkerbell EDT for children?  I had a knock-off, but I can't remember what it was called except that the bottle plain and it had a pixie on it.

Image result for tinkerbell eau de toilette 80s

loves baby soft sets, and sexiest fantasies lol

loves baby soft sets, and sexiest fantasies lol

Re: loves baby soft sets, and sexiest fantasies lol

@karleenichols I certainly remember the Body Fantasies, but I don't recall the Sexiest line.  It looks fun, though, and an affordable alternative to all the VS body sprays!  Thanks for sharing!

Image result for sexiest fantasies

This is probably more for the tweens and teens, but remember when Victoria's Secret fragrances were the end all and be all?

Image result for victoria's secret perfumes

I saw Donna Karan's Be Delicious at the cosmetics counter, and it brought back pleasant memories of being really excited about packaging.

Anyone remember Muguet from the 80s and 90s?  I loved the smell of lily of the valley and thought it was such a clever idea!

Image result for muguet cologne

@NancieNano I dont remember the Jovan White Musk, probably never smelled it lol

Ooh, such a great thread!! 😄

I remember my mother wearing Obsession and Shalimar as a child, as well as the original one by Bill Blass. When I was a teen/in college, she moved on to Estee Lauder Pleasures. I am incapable of smelling any of them without immediately thinking fond memories of my mother.

When I was younger, I remember Gap Dream and Heaven were very popular, as were many of the BBW scents: Juniper Breeze, Freesia, and Plumeria were my favorites. But my all-time favorite in high school was when J.Crew brought out a fragrance - so j.crew. Oh man, I wore that pretty much daily. I could never put my finger on why I loved it so much, but it was amazing.

And @greeneyedgirl107 - that picture of the Debbie Gibson Electric Youth brought back crazy memories! I recall visiting some of my mother's family as a very young child, and an older (maybe mid-teens?) cousin had that bottle in her room, and I remember thinking it was sooo cool and grown up and amazing with that pink spiral inside the bottle. Ah, nostalgia. ❤️

ETA: Oh, and Davidoff Cool Water, and Clinique Happy! I really need to find some of these and see if I still like them. Or at least give them a whiff and bask in the memories. Er, and hopefully this post stays, this time - can't see what was offensive in it 😛

@terpsichore You mentioned so many good ones!  Thanks so much for sharing!  I was wondering if someone would bring up Pleasures (my favorite - I am wearing it right now!) or Clinique's Happy (I must confess I never saw what the fuss was about; and remember when it was so scandalous that BBW came out with "happiness" with a similar bottle?).

Image result for pleasures 90s estee lauder

Clinique Happy Eau De Parfum, 3.4 Fl Oz

Does anyone remember Elvira's fragrance, called "Evil?"  I learned about it months ago but don't remember it...

Related image

Image result for elvira cologne

Oh my gosh! I've never heard of this perfume before... It looks so cool! Has anyone smelled EVIL by ELVIRA? What does it smell like? What other perfume does it most closely resemble or remind you of? I'm so curious... 

Ooh, such a great thread!! 😄

I remember my mother wearing Obsession and Shalimar as a child, as well as the original one by Bill Blass. When I was a teen/in college, she moved on to Estee Lauder Pleasures. I am incapable of smelling any of them without immediately thinking fond memories of my mother.

When I was younger, I remember Gap Dream and Heaven were very popular, as were many of the BBW scents: Juniper Breeze, Freesia, and Plumeria were my favorites. But my all-time favorite in high school was when J.Crew brought out a fragrance - so j.crew. Oh man, I wore that pretty much daily. I could never put my finger on why I loved it so much, but it was amazing.

so j.crewso j.crew

And @greeneyedgirl107 - that picture of the Debbie Gibson Electric Youth brought back crazy memories! I remember visiting some of my mother's family as a very young child, and an older (maybe mid-teens?) cousin had that bottle in her room, and I remember thinking it was sooo cool and grown up and amazing with that pink spiral inside the bottle. Ah, nostalgia. ❤️

ETA: Oh, and Davidoff Cool Water! I really need to find some of these and see if I still like them. Or at least give them a whiff and bask in the memories.

Add me to the Jean Nate after bath splash and Charlie club. Those were my mom's every day staples. Chanel No. 5 was her fancy one for going out, but then sometime in the 80's I remember my dad bought her some Opium. I remember being blown away by that one; it was so unlike anything else I had experienced. 

Oh yes, I remember Opium. My dad gifted my mom with a bottle. Really nice.

@SheWhoSkis Yes!  Who didn't own Charlie, or know someone that wore it?  My grandmother used to wear it and I was so confused about the name!

Image result for charlie cologne 80s

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos22
  • the two doves as the cap: a wing was inevitably always broken off by the time she was through with the bottle...
  • my set looked like this ! thanks google ! (but i definitely had grass and not 'just petals')
  • loves-baby-soft-bottle.jpg
  • Charlie.jpg
  • LeSport.jpg
  • CHANEL_NO_5_EDT_W11.jpg
  • hqdefault.jpg
  • joy perfum 1968.jpg
  • youth dew.png
  • 80s perfume.jpg
  • IMG_3309.JPG
  • IMG_3310.JPG
  • so j.crew
  • missd1