Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What fragrances do you remember from your childhood the most?

375x500.9148.jpg

MV5BNmU5N2NiYzctNWNlNS00NzdlLWE5ZGUtM2Q2MzI4NjE0NDZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjM0MzAyNTU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I also remember Verve, Tabu, Heaven Scent, Exclamation, Designer Impostor Body Sprays, Giorgio, Liz Claiborne, Eternity, Navy, Charlie, Anise Anise, Love's Baby Soft, Jean Nate, Chantilly, Le Fleur.  Funny how back in the day we often bought fragrances from the drugstore on the cheap!

Re: What fragrances do you remember from your childhood the most?

Pink Sugar sticks out in my mind as a very nostalgic scent. I don't know who made the version from my childhood, but I can say I was pretty darn surprised a few years ago when my ex bought me a bottle of Pink Sugar from Sephora because he liked the scent and wanted me to wear it (he liked what a girl he was near smelled like and asked what she had on...). It was a nice enough gift, but the scent was just soooo sickly sweet to me, and with the nostalgia of it I felt like a little girl when I had it on. 

@NotCrocker Isn't it interesting when scents come back like that?

Image result for pink sugar perfume

I have this one! I love sweet scents 😄

OMG!   Electric Youth and Exclamation!   The feels! 

Do you remember Navy?  That one was also popular in my middle school/early high school days before we all switched to Calvin Klein fragrances - lol! ❤️

@greeneyedgirl107

@Tamara76 I was hoping someone would post about Navy!  I remember it well.  I had a deluxe sample bottle.  I was always confused about it - was it a color, a part of the service?

Image result for navy cologne 90s

Who knows?  All of the above, maybe?  🙂

Also I only ever remember seeing Navy in those small-ish bottles, but that was a staple for me and my friends for a while!

@greeneyedgirl107

Bath & Body Works Cucumber Melon is my #1 childhood fragrance memory. My mom and I were obsessed with the scent. I also loved the original Country Apple.

Some of my first perfumes were Vera Wang Princess, JLo Love at First Glow, JLo Miami Glow (loved the bottle/flip flop charm), Juicy Couture Juicy Girl (my bottle had a little dog charm), DKNY Be Delicious, and the DKNY Red Delicious. 

All of those scents definitely bring me back. 🙂

Yes! Cucumber Melon will always be a favorite! That was mainly what I wore, but I also enjoyed Country Apple. My first perfume that wasn't a cheap body spray is Ralph by Ralph Lauren, the blue bottle. I will never not have those 2 on hand.

@lmi82 And a lot of them still have a following!

@lmi82   OMG!   Cucumber Melon was my favorite!!!!   For some reason, last year's re-release just didn't quite smell the same as I remembered.... 😞

(Also, I still have a bottle of Vera Wang Princess!   I used to have a roller ball that had perfume on one side and lip gloss on the other!) ❤️

@Tamara76 I had that same lip gloss perfume duo! Vera Wang Princess is still one of my favorite scents.

Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with the new Cucumber Melon scent either. The new Country Apple was also different from the original scent. 😞

Come on everybody who was a teenager in the 90s, fess up, you know you shared this one with your boyfriend 😋 IMG_3310.JPG

@LCResz I think a lot of people need to own up to that!  I've never been a fan of Calvin Klein scents, though, since my cousin used to drown in Eternity.

Related image

@LCResz That bottle is a work of art!  You must turn it into a candle - and share the pics!

The first fragrance I ever owned was Glow by JLo, as a teen I remember being really into So Pink by the GAP and RALPH by Ralph Laren.

@StyleLynn I was so hypnotized by the Glow bottle when it first came out.  I was at a club in the ladies room and couldn't resist picking it up to have a closer look - then the matron yelled at me!

Image result for j lo glow bottle

I loved the bottle as well! I kept trying to take the chains off so I could wear them but those suckers were glued down hard!

Ooh, fun thread!

My mom often wore Anais Anais, and I thought the bottle was so pretty.

But since I grew up in the '90s-'00s, Tommy Girl was the teen perfume of choice. I also loved Jessica McClintock, Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, Victoria Secret Love Spell, and Bath & Body Works Pearberry. To this day, I still love fruity-floral scents and tea scents, but I like them a little more sophisticated and complex than the body spray version! For instance, Tocca Bianca is one of my favorite grownup perfumes with similar notes.

Designer Imposter always makes me think of that one scene in Clueless.

@txcatx My grandmother worse Anais Anais, too!  

Image result for anais anais

As for the 90s scents, you are right on the money!  It's funny that I'm sure we grew up in different cities, but the teen trends were pretty much the same!  I have a bottle of Pearberry in my bathroom right now!  Re-released, of course!

@greeneyedgirl107, I totally forgot about Anais Anais. That was super popular. I love this thread! Just hearing the perfume names transports me back in time.

I'm a little (ha, a lot judging by the fragrances) older than most here, I wore Love's Baby Soft.  My first non-drugstore purchase was Youth Dew (ugh). Back then if you didn't smell it for hours after you walked out the room, it wasn't good enough! I also went down the Poison and Tresor route (and still have them; still love them)! My Mom's signature scent was Moonwind (Avon) and Chanel No 5 (which I still don't like).  Fun post. For men, English Leather musk.

Conversation Stats
Photos22
  • the two doves as the cap: a wing was inevitably always broken off by the time she was through with the bottle...
  • my set looked like this ! thanks google ! (but i definitely had grass and not 'just petals')
  • loves-baby-soft-bottle.jpg
  • Charlie.jpg
  • LeSport.jpg
  • CHANEL_NO_5_EDT_W11.jpg
  • hqdefault.jpg
  • joy perfum 1968.jpg
  • youth dew.png
  • 80s perfume.jpg
  • IMG_3309.JPG
  • IMG_3310.JPG
  • so j.crew
  • missd1