Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Lately I’ve been wearing Byredo Mumbai Noise. Although the top note is supposed to be davana, I don’t get much of a floral vibe from this fragrance. It’s more of a woody gourmand, if that makes any sense, with a delicious blend of sweet tonka beans and rich coffee that floats atop a pungent base of agarwood and sandalwood. Imagine a trip to an ancient city steeped in tradition and wooden structures that have withstood the test of time along with quaint cafes lining the vibrant, bustling roads. To really amp up the mood I layer it with either Carolina Herrera Good Girl to make it girlier or with YSL Black Opium to amp up the vavavoom. 

18F8E1C9-BC1A-445D-A93C-B653560D4162.jpeg

@LCResz thank you for that review! So curious about this one. Would you say it is heavy in the sandalwood? Not sure I need another heavy sandalwood fragrance.

@ChristalM It’s more oud than sandalwood, so if wood plus sweet coffee isn’t something your scent wardrobe is screaming for then you might not need this perfume, but as an old lover I am totally in love with this perfume!

Wearing the discontinued Incense Oud by Kilian today, kind of like one of the ghosts of Kilians past for Halloween!

o.7736

Lately I've been wearing

• CdG Original
  • Papillon Anubis
  • Kerosene Broken Theories
  • Jazmin Sarai Nar
  • Mona di Orio Cuir
  • 359cf4f0e26475d9798fcd61348c546314-17-commes-de-garcons-10.2x.h473.w710

It's been Bel Ami for me a few days in a row now. I love this one.

b240823545611545723791c981462ba9

I have a bag of perfume samples, around 30-40 that I've been collecting every time Sephora sends them instead of the sample I really wanted.  I don't really use them but they're fun to look at!

Been sampling Tom Ford Metallique for a few days, and did not like it at first, and now I love it.  It’s retro and modern, opening with a beautiful bergamot, aldehydes and pink pepper.  Sparkly, slightly abrasive but the malleability of this metal begins to soften and shift into a cuddly, vanilla and clean musk.  It’s addictive.  Wish the projection was a little louder.

RE: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Dahlia Divin by Givenchy 😍

Maison Martin Margiela (Untitled) L'eau
o.14273.jpg

2F193A75-27EB-44DD-B548-1CA92B7DC39D.png

I picked this up when Bergdorf has 25 percent off promotion about a month ago or so. It’s a beautiful light classy scent but sadly longevity is real poor. The gardenia scent is not very pronounced in it. Do I like it? Yes very much but not love it. Do I think it’s overpriced? Yes. I think they should price it around Chanel ones $130 or so. Did I say I feel very classy wearing it 🤣😂

Been trying to wear fragrances to cut the heat these days. So far it's been 

• Vintage Vent Vert by Balmain. The original green floral that inspired so many others. Opens with jade green galbanum, fresh foilage, spring flowers.
  • Frederic Malle's Angeliques Sous La Pluie. This one is so similar to the darker, greener, edgier Bois d'Orage but on a hot summer day, sometimes you want something more light and sparkling.
  • Jazmin Sarai's Fayoum. I am really loving this sample. It's not clean or fresh but the chewy fig opening is very unique and summery and the dry down is gorgeous.

@pocketvenus Those all sound lovely.

Wearing Noir Epices today. It is not an easy wear because it's soooo dry. But still beautiful.

frederic-malle-milano

I haven't posted since isolating but I've been taking the opportunity to wear BIG scents that I normally won't bring to the office 😛

• Malle's Carnal Flower
  • Everything Amouage
  • Libertine's Sex and Jasmine
  • Papillon's Salome
  • Nasomatto's Black Afgano

All that sort of thing. I also try to start my day with a new EO blend in my diffuser 🙂 Candles and incense also getting a lot of use these days! I finished my Mssr. Blanchy candle by Boy Smells and I'm a third of the way through my Figuier candle by Diptyque.

3e1c944721147da888dab6384b69a11f--candle-packaging-large-candles

Stuck inside on a sunny day so I'm wearing Dilettante, a pretty orange blossom soliflore, to make up for it!

375x500.39476

Today was almost spring like, so I wore Nasomatto's Absinth which has an earthy, rooty side. A part of it reminds me of beets which sounds awful but it works.

The weather has been very up and down as of late so it's been tough getting into "wintery perfumes" this year. Normally, I like to wear really heavy scents but these days can sometimes feel like spring! I've been sticking to oud oils and KILIAN Paris Intoxicated 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray which is a rich cardamom coffee that's light enough for warmer days.

kilianintoxicated.jpg

I was gifted By Rosie Jane Leila Lou Perfume Oil 0.17 oz/ 5mL at some point, and just found it in my collection recently (no judgement pls, hahaha). I was pleasantly surprised - I'm obsessed with the smell! It's not overwhelming at all, and feels very feminine to me. I love pairing it with more androgynous outfits - fun to mix up the vibes. 🙂 

2 Replies