Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Definitely been hooked on Mmmm... by Juliette Has a Gun. It's sweetness is great for these cold days! 🙂

KILIAN - Princess Eau de Parfum and I have been spending a lot of time together ❤️ This fragrance is so great for any time of year and the packaging looks unique and edgy sitting next to my more-classic Chanel and Chloe bottles. 

I wore Pinrose Secret Genius today.   I’m going to need to buy it in the non- shimmer form. 

RE: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

Bloom, by Gucci. Love it!

Vintage Femme ❤️

rochas-femme

Anonymous Insider

Just gave in and purchased a huge bottle of CLINIQUE - Clinique Happy. Basic, I know, but it smells so nice. Probably the only scent I will ever wear (or need, considering the size of the bottle) for quite a while haha. The scent does its job and does make me feel calm and well, happy!

clinique happy.jpg

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

all time fave- michael Kors Exotic blossom. wish they'd bring it back. wearing poppy + barley Jo Malone for winter.

Everyone's on vacation so I wore Carnal Flower to the office 😛

@pocketvenus what would you recommend for my first sampling of Frederick Malle?  When I choose samples from a house I’ve never tried,  I like sampling one to get an idea of the house.  

@modernwarpaint Is there a specific vibe or type of fragrance you're looking for? Overall, I find FM to be a very polished house. I seem to recall you enjoying richer scents so without any info, would suggest

• Dries van Noten which is the most gourmandish scent of the house. Spicy, warm, sweet. Biscuity.
  • Dans tes Bras. Often overlooked. Understated. A subtle "clean skin" scent without being cliched and marred by nasty clean musks on the dry down.
  • Musc Ravageur. Not as shocking and dirty as the name suggests. Spicy, rich. Accounts claim this has been toned down with reformulations.

My personal favourites from this house are

• Bois d'Orage/French Lover. Wonderfully earthy and green yet very polished and clean cut.
  • Le Parfum de Therese. Feminine fruity floral but NOTHING like the teenaged generic stuff that typifies the genre these days. A little sombre and introverted to me, personally. Stunningly beautiful yet easy to wear.
  • Une Fleur de Cassie. Furry and sensual cassie flower. Manages to be both innocent/comforting and lascivious at the same time.
  • Superstitious. Aldehydic floral. Red carpet entrance. All out femme. Mature, dramatic, confident. I tried and I cannot wear this with anything informal or casual.
  • Noir Epices. A very odd one. An oriental with all the plush vanilla, amber and richness removed. Austere, difficult, a little cerebral.

While I liked Rose & Cuir at first, I wasn't a huge fan in that I didn't see myself wearing it. But I've been wearing it out a lot lately and it's growing on me.

maxresdefault

Since I last posted, I've reached for

• Chanel's Bois des Iles and Sycamore for meetings because they're both very beautiful and chic
  • CdG Original for the office because it's getting cold and this is like drinking a warm cordial
  • Frederic Malle's Rose et Cuir for an evening out, seems modern and interesting like the performance I saw
  • Kilian's Intoxicated for the office because it was a Monday morning and I wanted a hit of coffee
  • Mona di Orio's Cuir for a date with a friend because it's a fascinating leather, both comforting and edgy at the same time
  • Papillon's Anubis for home because I love this smoky leather to bits!

Wore Comme des Garcons' Original EDP today for some much needed spicy heat. It's edgy and distinctive but still so cozy.

tumblr_pbr7ucUgDj1w6s26ro1_400

Today I'm lounging in an ultra femme robe and wearing Dusita's Fleur de Lalita

53b778_16e29f3e8cb84291baa766800a2391e6~mv2_d_2592_1728_s_2

4160 Tuesdays' Lion Cupboard for me today. It's a combo of tinned chocolate, aromatic herbs, including mint, and woods which sounds awful but is actually pretty harmonious and strangely comforting.

64608.jpg?width=400&404=product

@pocketvenus  That sounds quite unique and lovely to me. 

I just finished my sample of Cartier Basier Vole. This one is a no for me. But it is pretty strong and lasted about 12 hours on me. 

Baiser Vole Cartier for women

Thank goodness we all like different scents! This is one of my favourites - to me it smells classy and subtle and when people hug me they often comment on how much they like it. It comes close to Bottega Veneta for me, but that's still the one I like best.

Lately I have been wearing

• Papillon Anubis
  • MdO Osmanthus Oud
  • Kilian Musk Oud
  • Kerosene Broken Theories

Today it's Ex Idolo's 33, a rose oud. Oud is so great this time of year.

I wore Papillon's Anubis today. It's a rich, resinous and smoky leather.

DjHDEtzXgAARKRZ

Today I was visiting the fragrance section of Marshalls (a discount store) and found  a new 100 ml bottle of St. Kitts for Men by Tommy Bahama for $19 USD.

St. Kitts for Men is one of three fragrances from Tommy Bahama that are well-rated; the rest are very mediocre.

St. Kitts for Men is a very nice fruity-woody-aquatic fragrance that is perfect for warm and hot weather. It smells great for the price and am very happy with the purchase. Longevity is okay (6 hours) but at that price-point, I am happy to overlook it.

Top Notes: Mandarin, Kaffir lime, Carambola (Starfruit) 
Heart Notes: Cedar, Sea salt, Aquatic notes 
Base Notes: Driftwood, Musk, Ambergris 

375x500.32304.jpg

testing