Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

@Vmasteralways nice to find a good cheapie!

PRADA - Prada Candy Gloss Eau de Toilette.  I got this last year around the holidays, since it came w/a gift, but haven't really used it (though I liked looking at it, as I love the packaging w/the little lipsticks).  Well, I recently got another gift from ulta of a mini bottle of this and hair mist, and after looking at the adorable little pink bottle for days, and being able to smell the scent it gave off, I finally gave in and dabbed some on.  I love it, it's fruity and light and kinda makes me wish it was around when I was a teen/tween, as I think it would be perfect for a young girl or first perfume (not that I would have been able to afford it, lol.)  Plus looking at the little pink bottle perks me up lol. 🙂

Wore Oudh Osmanthus today. I rarely find a fragrance both sophisticated and cuddly but this one is.

Oudh-Osmanthus

@pocketvenus  That sounds like a nice one.

@Vmasterit's very nice. Maybe too tame for you? The words I'd associate with this fragrance are velvet and purring.

@pocketvenus  Meow! lol 

I bet it is a pricey fragrance.

@VmasterI believe it's the most expensive of the entire house!

I found my little sample of Le Labo's Bergamote 22 today - basically nothing left in the vial. But I spritzed what was there and forgot how much I LOVE this scent. It's so fresh, and just really stands out to me. Now I need to reorder a bottle asap!

Wore Amouage's Interlude Man today. It's a very warm and spicy scent. The dry down is smoky and resinous. Amouage dry downs can be the best.

o.19521

I've been wearing Frederic Malle's Carnal Flower lately. I used to not be into tuberose but ever since I started wearing Hiram Green's Moon Bloom, I find I quite like the note.

Saturday: 

Today I wore Prada L'Homme by Prada, a fragrance I had purchased from a local Sephora store. When I looked for it online, it was no where to be found. Kind of sad Sephora is discontinuing it considering how great it is.

Notes: 

Iris, Amber, Patchouli, Neroli, Geranium, Pepper, Violet, Cedar

Saturday Night: 

My SOTE (scent of the evening) was HERMÈS 24 Faubourg Eau de Parfum 3.3 oz Eau de Parfum Spray.

It is an amazing floral fragrance. Most floral fragrances these days are very kitschy, very sweet and difficult to wear. 24 Faubourg is not one of those fragrances. There is a light sweetness in the background but the floral notes stay solidly in the foreground. Smelling this reminds me of standing in a large flower garden during the Spring while all the flowers are in bloom. It gives one a calming and reassuring vibe. 

For those that say this smells like an old lady, there is no such thing as an "old lady scent", only memories of adult women wearing these type of fragrances when you were a child.

You may wonder why this fragrance has such an odd name, well Hermés is located at 24 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré in Paris, France.

Notes:
Top Notes: Bergamot, Hyacinth, Orange, Peach, Ylang-ylang.
Heart Notes: Gardenia, Iris, Jasmine, Orange blossom, Black elder.
Base Notes: Amber, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla.

24 Faubourg is best worn Autumn, Winter, Spring, as well as cool Summer evenings.

Longevity for me was over 12 hours and projection was about 6ft (2m).

I give this offering from Hermés a solid 5/5 stars.

Get it before it disappears from Sephora's website as it is listed as "only a few left".

Today I am adorning the infamous Parfums de Marly Delina (original not Exclusif).  There is so much hype surrounding this fragrance that I had to get a sample and smell for myself.

The dominant notes on me are the rose, peony, and I’m guessing rhubarb.  I’m not sure if I can discern rhubarb on it’s own since I haven’t smelled many perfumes with this note.  It’s definitely floral, but not an overt floral such as Diptyque Do Son, which is straight up white floral.  The rhubarb and lychee notes freshen up the composition, and nutmeg blends well to give it a slightly spicy effect.  

The longevity is excellent and sillage is moderate although I’m dabbing this on rather than spraying and distributing the fragrance evenly so application will determine its performance.

From their website, “This sensual bouquet structured with Turkish rose, lily of the valley and peony grows in strength and complexity through a fruity trio of lychee, rhubarb and bergamot spiced with nutmeg. The base notes of cashmere wood and musk give depth to Delina and make it a subtle yet mysterious fragrance.”

$305 for 75ml 

It’s too early to determine whether I’d invest in this.  It is an interesting composition, that intrigues me enough to revisit.  

Today I revisited KILIAN Paris Love, Don't Be Shy 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and still, no love here.  The opening smells mostly of neroli and orange blossom and translates like an artificial orange flavored cough syrup.  Syrupy sweet orange blossom and creamy neroli.  Some may think it’s pleasant, but I am not a fan.  The vanilla and marshmallow accord become quickly noticeable and it begins settling and is tolerable.  Many describe it like bubblegum and I agree.  It is heavy confectionary sugar and has a slight powdery drydown.  I don’t get much civet, and the dry down is again tolerable.  

Not full bottle worthy for me.  Not decant worthy either.  I like many of Calice Becker’s creations, such as  KILIAN - Princess Eau de Parfum which is more affordable.  

Fragrantica:  “Top notes are neroli, bergamot, pink pepper and coriander; middle notes are iris, jasmine, rose, honeysuckle and orange blossom; base notes are musk, vanilla, civet, caramel, sugar and labdanum.”

Drawing out the summer with Hiram Green's Moon Bloom today ❤️

Today I am wearing PRADA - Amber Pour Homme Intense 

A few years ago I had tried PRADA - Prada Amber Pour Homme. I enjoy soapy, balsamic and powdery fragrances, but Amber Pour Homme was a soapy, balsamic and powdery mess. It went back to Sephora.

I decided to give Prada another chance with Amber Pour Homme Intense due to the reviews, and I love it. This is how Amber Pour Homme should have smelled like. I wore this to work today, and received an unsolicited compliment from a co-worker after I walked by. Very good projection and sillage in motion.

Amber Pour Homme Intense is unisex, can be worn for any occasion, and would be best worn during the Spring, Autumn and Winter months, as well as cool Summer evenings.

Whether you loved or hated Amber Pour Homme, give this one a try as it is a huge step up, as well as being one of those instances where the flanker is much better than the original.

Today I'm wearing Amber Sky by Ex Nihilo, a rich, woody-amber oriental. It's not really suitable for the season but it's pretty fantastic.

instafeed_18022655983207782

Frangipane has become the love of my life the past few days. I already love Chantecaille skincare and makeup so I guess I’m adding their fragrances to my list too. 

07F73EFF-1178-40DF-8D30-C71A67D5CA3A.jpeg

@IttyxBittyxMe the nordstrom in San Antonio just started carrying Chantecaille and I was able to sample the Oud Fume, Darby Rose (which make a good combo btw), and Le Wild.  Darby Rose struck me the most, as I am not a Rose fan, but the top notes gave it a fresh zing, it’s a playful and bohemian play on rose. 

It's Sweetgrass by Libertine for me today. A unique and sunny hay and tobacco scent that matches well with this summer heat.

Sweet_Grass_style_grande_600x

@pocketvenus - does this smell grassy at all?  I’ve been trying to find a dupe for Lush Grass for what seems forever now.  Grass has neroli and hay.

@modernwarpaintI've never smelled the LUSH there is hay, but no neroli. It's not a green grass as in fresh cut lawn grass or grass like vetiver. Hope that helps 🙂

3 Replies
testing