Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The one Fragrance

What is your top 3 all tiem favority fragrances?

Re: The one Fragrance

Hmm... Yeah that is a tough one, to pick 3, but I guess...

*Miss Dior Cherie

*Chanel Coco

*Shalimar

But I like D&G Rose the One, Burberry Brit, Thierry Mugler Innocent Illusion, Opium, & Donna Karen Cashmere Mist...   ;))

This could change from day to day, but overall it would be Red Door, Prada -anything, and finally a tie between an old fave of Giorgio Beverly Hills and a new fave of an old perfume Boucheron.  So many to choose from though. 

Tags:

The One - Dolce Gabana

Miss Daisy -  Marc jacobs

J'adore - Dior

Dolce Gabbana, SJP, Viva la Juicy

Gee!  I love perfume & have about 35 to 40 bottles!  I buy it all the time!  I love

Dkny Be Delicious

Pink Sugar

Viva La Juicy

Pure Turquoise

Miss Dior Cherie

Nina Ricci

Sorry, I can't name just 3.  I could name more, but I'll leave it at that!

1) Stella by Tocca - My new favorite.  Love, love, love this scent! I bought this just based on the description and the positive reviews - total risk! LOL  VERY pleased with it!  Not as thrilled with the body wash, lotion, etc. as they aren't quite the same. Lately I've been wearing this most days.

2) Love Spell by Victoria's Secret - My standby scent. I always have this on hand, including the lotions and bodywashes that go with it.  This just smells like me. 🙂

3) Whispering Mist by Victoria's Secret - I really miss this discontinued scent.  Was totally crushed when it left since there was nothing else that came close to it at that time(light but long-lasting, soft, feminine), but eventually found Love Spell instead - see above. 😉

I'm a total scent/bath products umm sleeze though, and I'll try just about anything. I lean more towards lighter scents, and body mists that are softer and lingering and that I can spray on at will,  rather than a heavier classic perfume.  I have so many samples and trials and things I bought to "try" or because it sounded good at the time, that my mother thinks I have "A Problem".  LOL

😄

1. Juicy Couture (original)

2. Givenchy Tartine et Chocolat (only sold in France..booo)

3. Bvlgari Au The Vert

My favorite fragrances in no particular order:

Theirry Mugler Alien

Flowerbomb

Clinque Happy Heart

Chanel #5

Pacifica French Lilac

Tocca Florence

Loccitane Iris

Currently,

1) LAVANILA Pure Vanilla

2) Estee Lauder Sensous

3) Burberry Brit

in no particular order:

chanel chance GREEN

ralph lauren blue

d&g L'imperatrice 3

Ralph Lauren Safari

Sung

Narcisco Rodriquez for her

(no particular order)

I just love Estee Lauder's Pleasures Intense.  There's a velvety purple aspect to it that I find addicting--but, Woman Sad they've stopped selling the lotion and shower gel versions!  I'm afraid they are phasing it out.  (more tears)  If Santa could bring me just one present for Xmas, (apart from world peace, natch) I'd ask for a Pleasures Intense set (to be purchased from Sephora!):womanwink:  Please please please?

Sephora's samples have cost me real money--my second and third favorite scents are Fresh's Pink Jasmine and Hampton Sun's Privet Bloom.  

Good question!

1. Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien

2. Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet

2. Jo Malone Nectarine + Honey Blossom

🙂

1. The One, D&G

2. G, by Harajuku Lovers/Gwen Stefani

3. Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture

All That Matters by Anamor -- It's a skin scent with the most subtle musk that somehow feels more like an aura that envelops rather than a perfume -- simply amazing. 

Stella by Tocca -- Beautiful scent with blood orange but also very powdery as well.  Gorgeous bottle and packaging.

Pure Grace by Philosophy -- Gorgeous floral but smells so clean and refreshing, like you just stepped out of a spa shower.

Honourable mention:  Butterfly by Hanae Mori

1. Shalimar by Guerlain, the perfume (1924).  The 85 year old original, not eau de toilette, not the new weak outliers. The Queen of Oriental class perfumes.

Number One was easy. But i have so many favorites it is hard to pick only two more. But here are a couple:

2. Agent Provocateur by Agent Provocateur (2000). Begins with an animalic blast that is off putting to some, then settles into saffron and flowers. Not for the timid.

3. Un Jardin Sur La Nil by Hermès (2005). Begins green and citrusy with green mango (therefore NOT sweet or fruity), tomato leaves, carrot, and lemon; then develops an armload of well blended florals, including lotus; and dries down with calamus, cinnamon, labdanum, frankincense, and finishes with a light sophisticated musk.

Other favorites include:

* Un Jardin En Mediterranée by Hermès (2005) opens with sunny citrus, some florals in the heart, then dry down with fig leaf and wood, cypress, and cedar;
* Safran Troublant by L'Artisan Parfumeur (2002) saffron and rose head and heart, with basenotes of sandalwood & vanilla (ah! saffron!);
* Piment Brulant, also by L'Artisan Parfumeur (2002) chili pepper, dark chocolate, amber, vanilla, and not in the slightest gourmand!;
* Histoire d`Eau by Aubusson (2002) nutmeg, pepper, cardamom, frankincense, and leather;

* Poême by Lancôme (1995) quite a complex blend of notes, was my signature scent in the 90s, along with Shalimar & Byzance;
* Feminité du Bois (1992) originally by Shiseido, now only available from one its developers, Serge Lutens in Paris;
* Byzance by Rochas (1987) chypre floral... i love so many perfumes in the class of chypre;
* Sung by Alfred Sung (1986) a green and white floral with some woody notes;
* Zen *Original* by Shiseido (1964), the woods and incense materials in it remind me of my trip to Japan in 1972;
* Fracas by Robert Piguet (1948) powerfully indolic, so not generally to the liking of those young who prefer candy & cookie scents.

If I absolutely had to choose 3 I'd have to go with:

1. Chanel No.5 (its classic for a reason)

2. Ralph Lauren Ralph (i've used it since junior high, i'll always love it!)

3. Gucci Envy Me (its so flirty and girly)

4. Juicy Couture Juicy Couture (sorry it was a toss up between them Smiley Tongue it so feminine and pretty)

1-Marc Jacobs Daisy ♥♥♥

2-Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue

3-Miss Dior Cherie L'eau (I want a full size for Christmas!)

I'm prob the worst person to ask this cuz it changes all the time but...

1)Creed - Love in White

2) Dior - Forever and Ever

3) Ralph Lauren- Romance & Jo Malone Nectarine blossom and honey

4) GAP - Heaven

lol, there are plenty others but I guess i'll stop there!!

Tags:
Conversation Stats
testing