Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

YW! @Libellules I am a TV lover, it is my staple and easy to use and always smell good and sexy.

Lucky your fiance has it to swipe from. lol

I am too @luvgloss13! It competes with Tuscan Leather and Ombre Leather as my go-to's.

Hah! Well, technically I bought him this last bottle as an anniversary gift, so I guess it's ok that I "borrowed" some.

Well, I finally used up the Armani Acqua di Gioia body lotion and wore Marc Jacobs Daisy today.  I'm not normally a floral lover but I love this and don't know why it has been neglected for so long.  

Day 17: Valentina Oud Assoluto

Top notes – orange blossom, cardamom;
Middle notes – Bulgarian rose, agarwood – oud, leather;
Base notes – saffron, vanilla, woody notes

I didn't realize how many rose scents I had until this challenge. Oud and rose dries down to spicy vanilla.

Day 16: Aerin Evening Rose 

"...Aerin Evening Rose is vibrant with contrast. Juicy Blackberry and rich Cognac unexpectedly blend with voluptuous Rose Centifolia and Bulgarian Rose Absolute in an intriguing, alluring elixir..."

On me this is just a strong rose and I love it, lol. It's a little boozy too, I'm guessing that's the cognac. This is one of my faves.

Spoiler

Day 15: Degree Shower Fresh (missed day!)
Day 14: Ramon Monegal Lovely Day
Day 13: Alexandre J White Leather
Day 12: Rupaul Glamazon
Day 11: Lancome La Vie Es Belle
Day 10: Jo Malone Nashi Blossom
Day 9: Penhaligon's Quercus
Day 8: L'Artisan Parfumeur Nuit de Tubéreuse
Day 7: Besame Cosmetics Decades of Fragrance 1960
Day 6: Besame Cosmetics Decades of Fragrance 1950
Day 5: Besame Cosmetics Decades of Fragrance 1940
Day 4: Besame Cosmetics Decades of Fragrance 1930
Day 3: Besame Cosmetics Decades of Fragrance 1920
Day 2: Besame Cosmetics Decades of Fragrance 1910
Day 1: Cartier Baiser Vole

Valentina Oud Assoluto sounds really lovely O.O

And I completely know what you mean - all of my perfumes and the majority of my samples seem to err on  woodsy/leathery/oud, tobacco, and white florals @Geminichilde 😄

Day 17: Terry de Gunzburg Ombré Mercure

A powdery, mature scent, whose irid notes really stand out. Of all the Terry de Gunzburg fragrances I've tried thus far, this one has had the best projection and staying power. I just wish I liked the powdery drydown more.

Notes: Iris, Violet, Rose, Ylang-Ylang, Jasmine, Vanilla, Benzoin and Patchouli.

Day 17: Hugo Boss Woman. This smells cheap and tacky. 

Day 16- Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium.Ok.

Day17- Dolce Gabbana Light Blue.I really like this.

Jan 17: Versace Eros Pour Femme EDT: Light and refreshing.

Day 16: Dolce and Gabbana Dolce - this perfume smells like perfume. Does anyone understand what I mean by that? The pure smell of perfume. pass.

Day 17: Replica Jazz Club - I have mixed feelings on this one. I like that it smells different. But I'm not sure if it's that good kind of different or if it's trying too hard and ends up overshooting the mark

i know exactly what you mean by that. i felt that way about gucci bamboo when i got my nose on it.

Day 17: Coach Eau de Parfum 

Notes: Raspberry Leaves, Turkish Roses, Suede Musks 

I really like this! I bought my bottle before Christmas and have used it a few times. The staying power is not very long on my skin though; (2 hours) so I will not repurchase for this reason.

Day 17:  Nest – Dahlia & Vines

Notes:  Dewy Daffodils, Peony, Rose, Garden Vines

I really like this scent.  Actually, I like all four Nest fragrances I have so far!

Spoiler

Day 16:  John Varvatos – Artisan Acqua

Day 15:  Versace - Dylan Blue

Day 14:  Marc Jacobs - Daisy

Day 13:  Atelier Cologne – Figuier Ardent

Day 12:  Acqua Di Gio Pour Homme

Day 11:  Cartier – Vetiver Bleu

Day 10:  Atelier Cologne - Sud Magnolia

Day 9:  Dolce & Gabbana – Light Blue

Day 8:  Escada – Joyful

Day 7:  Escada – Born in Paradise

Day 6:  Moschino – Moschino Fresh Couture

Day 5:  Chanel - No. 5 L'eau

Day 4:  Elizabeth & James - Nirvana Bourbon

Day 3:  YSL - Black Opium

Day 2:  Pacifica - Tunisian Jasmine Lime

Day 1:  Juliette Has a Gun - Not a Perfume

I was late for this challenge... So, I am not doing it ( but hope to join in when/if you start it again! ). I just had to jump in to say ( and, I hope you don't mind ) - I've been wearing my deluxe sample of Miss Dior Eau de Parfum last few days, and can't believe how much I enjoy it! It is totally not something I would normally go for. But, oh man! I love it! It is so effortless. And, elegant. So feminine. But, not over the top. I really, really like it.

Notes:
Italian Mandarin Essence, Egyptian Jasmine Absolute, Indonesian Patchouli Essence.
Style:
Pure. Precious. Elegant.

You can join the challenge at any time! I think after 31 days, I'll change the title to the "Use Your Perfumes Challenge" or something like that.

Oh! Ok. Goodie! Didn't see your edit, @txcatx . I'll have to go through my sample stash, and make some sense out of it all, organize it... And, then I'll jump right in! 🙂

@lyravega please join ! i only just started mine (i'm on day 3)

That's the plan, @jemly ! 😉 If I don't do it now, all those samples will continue to sit useless on my dresser... I really want to go through them, and maybe find some new loves...

Day 17:  Marc Jacobs Mod Noir - had a deluxe sample staring at me.  I like it! 

Day 16:  Home because of ice - managed to shower 🙂

Day 15: Nada

Day 14:  Philosophy Fresh Cream. 

Day 17: (missed a few days)

TokyoMilk Dark: Tainted Love No. 62

I received this from a promo with the Buxom Lipstick, I think it was VIBSCENT? not sure, BUT I LOVE this!!! I am definitely buying the FS (as if I need more perfume haha)

Notes:
Dark Vanilla Bean, Sparkling Citrus, Orchid, White Tea, Sandalwood, Tonka Bean.
Style:
Inquisitive. Dramatic. Darling.

@jen143xo I LOVE the whole Tokyo milk dark line! Sephora usualy has a few gift sets with mini rollerballs and such- I definitely recommend checking out some of the other scents! Bittersweet is my favorite 🙂

4,022 Replies
testing