Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Day 20: Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

Notes:
Sambac Jasmine, Centifolia Rose, Cattleya Orchid, Ballerina Freesia, Patchouli.

http://www.sephora.com/flowerbomb-P255506?skuId=1233139&icid2=products%20grid:p255506

I've been in love with this since it first came out! I just needed it today because of feeling shut out (literally) and I knew I could depend on it. Thank you again to all of the sweet souls who helped get me back in here!

Spoiler

Day 19: Burberry My Burberry

Day 18: Christian Louboutin Tornade Blonde

Day 17: Carven Le Parfum (LOVE)

Day 16: Tory Burch

Day 15: Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline

Day 14: Angel by Thierry Mugler

Day 13: Tom Ford Velvet Orchid

Day 12: Atelier Cologne Collection Azur Sud Magnolia

Day 11: Marc Jacobs Daisy

Day 10: Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Noir

Day 9: Burberry Brit Sheer

Day 8: Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black and White

Day 7: Stella by Stella McCartney

Day 6: Miss Dior Absolutely Blooming

Day 5: Flower by Kenzo

Day 4: Maison Margiela Replica Lipstick On

Day 3: Commodity Gold (LOVE)

Day 2: Moschino Fresh Couture

Day 1: YSL Black Opium

DAY 6: KEROSENE Blackmail EDP.

today is not a good day and i needed to wear something that made me feel strong. both projected outer strength and conjured up inner strength. so i'm wearing my own perfume ! last year i collaborated with Kerosene to come up with an exclusive scent for my shop. it's my baby.

notes: plum, amber, creamy (no sugary) vanilla, sandalwood and oud.

it's very strong, likely not for everyone because of that. but i always feel like i'm in control when i wear this (which was my goal !)

previous days in spoiler

Spoiler
DIPTYQUE tam dao EDT
TOCCA colette
ISSEY MIYAKE l'eau d'issey EDT
TOM FORD santal blush
DEMETER - green tea

kero-black-s.jpg

Ah, that's amazing! I love K's Broken Theories ❤️

Sorry you're not having a good day, I hope it gets better! *hugs*

Day 20: Tocca Bianca. After yesterday's traumatic incidents with not one, but two perfumes I hated, I skipped my bag of sample vials and had to go with a perfume I own and love! It's been about six hours since I sprayed the perfume, and I can still smell hints of green tea and citrus. 

Notes:
Bergamot, Lavender, Mandarin, Lemon Orpur, Rose Petals, Jasmine, Green Tea, Musk, Sugar.

Yay for standby favorites! 

Day 20: spritzed on a sample of Cartier Le Panthere. Initial thoughts: "OMG NO. What fresh hell is this???" Immediately ran to the sink to begin the arduous process of cleansing this hideous stink from my wrists. Notes: Eau de Satan's bottom and Fleurs de putrefaction.

upload_8448235588472572334.jpg

Good to know @Beadshopgirl! I found a sample of this last night when doing some cleaning and had set it aside to try. Based on your description, it's going in the trash :x

@Libellules Maybe try it on paper first. Perfume is so subjective, and I have a very weird chemistry that often makes things smell awful on me that would smell great on other people. I definitely had a swift and violent reaction to this one, but who knows if you may love it?

@Beadshopgirl

I had to comment to tell you how hard I laughed at your comment and picture! lol!!

I've missed a few days because I got slammed with an upper respiratory infection and I've been down for the count for over a week! Today was my first day back at work and I threw on a tried and true.

Day 20 - Diptyque - Geranium Odorata.

Respiratory infections are the worst.  Glad to hear you're starting to feel better.  Hope you're 100% soon!

Oh dear! Hope you are feeling better!!

Day 20: ELd'O Cologne

My notes: Starts very citrus-y but mellowed down to a nice musky scent.  I sprayed myself in the head by accident so I'm pretty pleased that I like this one!

Real notes: Blood Orange, Bergamot, Jasmine, Musk.

Day 20:

Jo Malone Orange Blossom Cologne

Notes:

- Top: citrus leaves, clementine flower, lemongrass.

- Middle: white lilac, lily of the valley, orange blossom, water lily.

- Base: iris, vetiver, oakmoss.

I just used the last of this sample vial.  I really like it, in my opinion it is not too citrus-y  its a good balance!  I'd consider purchasing it. 😄

Day 20: Le Labo Thé Noir. Very nice peppery scent at first. Fades down to what could also be a more masculine scent, but I like that. Almost ends up a woody, oud-like scent.

Verdict: Would buy a bottle!

Day 20: Lavanila pure vanilla 

I am a fan of this! I generally like most anything vanilla scented, but I feel like this is a bit more grown-up than most vanilla fragrances. The tonka bean and freesia add some dimension and depth, I would probably purchase this!

I was wondering about this one. I need to find a vanilla that doesn't end up smelling "plasticy" on me.

Day 20: Midnight Fleur by Nest.

So far, I think this is my favorite Nest perfume.  It's sweet and delicious smelling with strong amber top notes, woodsy-vanilla middle notes, and a fantastic patchouli dry down.

Day 19 - Tory Burch Love Relentlessly

Trying this out from my Play box. It was way too floral in the beginning. I ended up liking how it wore but..Eh. I gotta like a perfume 100% to buy it.

I am very curious about this one. Does it dry down very floral as well, or does it change a bit? 

4,022 Replies
testing