Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: The Perfume Challenge

@Margalee Yep! I've ordered from them before quite a few times and am always happy. 

@Margalee I think V&R  made a mistake by pricing that line too high. With that said, I love the line. I own 3 currently and finished 2 other scents in travel spray and Liquid Diamonds is one of them. I haven’t yet tried Invisible Oud. Too bad they discontinue the line.

@blackkitty2014 I agree with your thoughts on the price point for this line.

@blackkitty2014 That line really captured my attention, too.  Then I saw the price and I was so over it.  I wound up with several samples of various ones, but was so soured that I never tried any of them except the Liquid Diamonds - which I was disappointed by.  

@greeneyedgirl107 @Margalee Not sure if you are interested but both V&R midnight bloom (which I like more than the original) and Si Intense are half off over Macy as their Black Friday Special 

3AF2B4A4-12BA-46F1-93B8-6C897154B993.png

90E3BE4A-492C-4B7D-84A6-2CB4C0F82964.png
I also try out Whisper of Innocence since this is white floral perfume and I normally like white floral perfume. This is “I knock you dead with my white floral”. It’s just simply too much. A pass for me

@Margalee Right? I can interpret white floral for innocence but i would think it more appropriate if the scent is soft and light. 😂🤣

So I get my paw 🐾 on the House of Sillage discovery garden set. And of course I have the try their so called best Whisper of Truth. It’s a instant love. It is sweet and fresh (I can tell some kind of citrus in there). However, I can help but thinking I have this scent in my collection. 😂🤣 After racking my brain for 5-10 minutes I realize if I take away the sweetness and tone down the citrus then I get Creed Aventus For Her. I will pick this up if i come across 50% off promotion from the site. 😘

A3BA8700-402E-41B9-88F8-6B4BC704FDA2.png

Thanks for the review, @blackkitty2014 !  The bottle is so pretty!  😍

This is really my favorite thing in the world of scents

Kilian-50ml-Good-Girl-Gone-Bad-EDP-6-min

Not A Perfume by Juliette Has a Gun is such an underrated perfume in my opinion. Wish the bottle was more exciting but I genuinely want a full size after getting many, many samples of it at Sephora.

I was pleasantly surprised by Armani Beauty My Way Eau de Parfum Intense . The original was a bit too sweet for me, but this one is less sweet, and the orange blossom really shines through. I honestly didn't expect to like it, but I'm glad I gave it a shot. 

@Bohemianhijabi Thanks for sharing your take on the intense version. I agree, the original was a little too sweet for me too, although I did notice some musk peeking out at the end of it. Not sure if that’s because I read that there was a white musk base so was subconsciously searching for it.

I’m the same way after reading the description of a scent! There was definitely musk at the end, though. 

It didn't really seem all that intense to me. I don't usually love intense scents because they tend to be overpowering. I spritzed this one on after a shower, so maybe that's why it didn't seem super strong. I wore it to bed, and could still smell it when I woke up in the morning. I don't know if I would describe it as lush, but definitely not very sweet. 

@Margalee I just discovered that I was allergic to tiare oils. It was horrible. My hair products had tiare  in it and I had a rash around my eyes. My dermatologist told me I was allergic to my cologne. I stopped wearing my SDJ ‘71 for a week with no change. Then 2 weeks later, I tried a perfume sample with tiare. My eyes watered and I got extremely sick to my stomach. So, my dermatologist was right. I might have secretly teased people with allergies discounting the effects but never again. I “feel” that you can’t wear a fragrance you enjoy.

1 Reply
testing