Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: The Perfume Challenge

@modernwarpaint I sadly haven't tried many but one of my favorites was M by Mariah Carey. It's a hard note to find it seems.

@modernwarpaintI had a similar experience - store bought marshmallows! Fun, though rather young.

I finished two of my samples and it feels good to knock a few samples out of the bag. 

Dolce Gabbana  Light Blue Sun This fragrance is just as nice as Light Blue. It a bit more floral and musky. It last a long time, longer than Light Blue. 

Dior Homme This is the perfect unisex citrus fragrance, it’s fresh and vibrant.

@howconnie - I'll have to try these!  Light Blue is one of my favorites and I love citrus scents.

Hope you find them as refreshing as I do.

Today I tried GUCCI - Mémoire d'une Odeur Eau de Parfum. 

This chamomile scent opens with a mineral veil that hovers briefly like a whisper thin skein of netting before settling into a bittersweet floral with a touch of soft flax. It manages to suggest powder, milkiness and spiciness while remaining transparent. Dries down to a gentle musk.

Despite Gucci’s Italian roots and the perfume’s French name, Mémoire feels British to me, possessed of a lyrical personality that is expressive, yet unsentimental. An unexpected and understated entry from a designer house!

My only complaint is that at one point early on in the perfume’s development, the mineral accord reminded me of the smell of skin upon which chlorinated water has evapourated.

That sounds wonderful, got to try that one day.

Your description is wonderful, @pocketvenus !  I've been curious about this fragrance mostly due to the word "odeur" in its name.  I realize it's French and can mean odor, smell, scent, perfume, etc.  To title your perfume an "odor" is pretty brave!

@Titian06The creative director seems to embrace weirdness Smiley Happy

Today I used up the last of my Vera Wang - Embrace sample. I'm not so good at describing scents (forgive me!), but I think it was the rose bud that really caught my attention. I didn't realize how long I must've had this in my collection and it's been so long since I've worn it that I forgot how I liked it. (It's hard for me to believe I've used it so many times that it's gone now. I'm starting to convince myself that most of it leaked out. 🤣) I tried looking for it here, but I couldn't find it. That'll teach me to start using my samples more often. 😓

I hadn't placed a Sephora order in months, but I finally broke my no-buy, and I got a sample of CHLOé - Nomade Eau de Parfum in my order.

My thoughts, in order: very floral. Very warm. This suits a baby boomer, like my mom. This now smells like someone put an entire box of dryer sheets in a single load of laundry. What's a mirabelle? *Googles* Oh, a plum...I don't smell any fruit. This perfume smells like someone with way more ambition than I do and way more money than I have. I usually love freesia notes, but this isn't doing it for me. This is basic, yet bourgeois. *Washes wrist thoroughly.*

Notes: oakmoss, freesia, mirabelle liquor

@txcatx - I'm a baby boomer, and this would definitely NOT suit me--your mom is welcome to it!  Smiley Very Happy

I love oakmoss, this sounds really nice. I’m not ambitious either but I would be ok smelling like I was.

Today’s fragrance is DOLCE&GABBANA - Light Blue Sun Eau de Toilette

This is really warm and lovely. It’s light and creamy like a summer day in a pretty cotton sundress. Sorry I missed this during the sale.

For all my using up perfume samples, I have hundreds left. I’m not going to sample anything else unt I finish them all.

8885F5EF-6171-475C-ADD2-D51425FE4212.jpegD94FB93C-925D-44CC-AE1B-ABEA1C9B8D71.jpeg

@howconnieAmazing!!! Would love to hear your thoughts on all of them Smiley Happy

Lol, I’m sure to share 

@howconnie, Yep, you have your work cut out for you. 😉

@howconnie, Yep, you have your work cut out for you. 😉

Re: @howconnie, Yep, you have your work cut out for you. 😉

So true 

Sniffed some of the Skylar testers today and tried SKYLAR - Meadow Eau de Toilette on my skin. Opens as a gently indolic jasmine which is not what I was expecting! Develops into a creamy tuberose. Stronger projection than expected and reasonably long lasting. The dry down has a cheap and candied phase but otherwise, not bad. Try it if you really like white florals and are looking for a Sephora "clean seal" scent.

I was curious about the brand when I saw them in the rewards bazaar. Thanks for the information.

1 Reply