Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: The Perfume Challenge

I hadn't placed a Sephora order in months, but I finally broke my no-buy, and I got a sample of Chloé Nomade Eau de Parfum 2.5 oz/ 75 mL in my order.

My thoughts, in order: very floral. Very warm. This suits a baby boomer, like my mom. This now smells like someone put an entire box of dryer sheets in a single load of laundry. What's a mirabelle? *Googles* Oh, a plum...I don't smell any fruit. This perfume smells like someone with way more ambition than I do and way more money than I have. I usually love freesia notes, but this isn't doing it for me. This is basic, yet bourgeois. *Washes wrist thoroughly.*

Notes: oakmoss, freesia, mirabelle liquor

@txcatx - I'm a baby boomer, and this would definitely NOT suit me--your mom is welcome to it!  😄

I love oakmoss, this sounds really nice. I’m not ambitious either but I would be ok smelling like I was.

Today’s fragrance is DOLCE&GABBANA - Light Blue Sun Eau de Toilette

This is really warm and lovely. It’s light and creamy like a summer day in a pretty cotton sundress. Sorry I missed this during the sale.

For all my using up perfume samples, I have hundreds left. I’m not going to sample anything else unt I finish them all.

8885F5EF-6171-475C-ADD2-D51425FE4212.jpegD94FB93C-925D-44CC-AE1B-ABEA1C9B8D71.jpeg

@howconnieAmazing!!! Would love to hear your thoughts on all of them 🙂

Lol, I’m sure to share 

@howconnie, Yep, you have your work cut out for you. 😉

@howconnie, Yep, you have your work cut out for you. 😉

Re: @howconnie, Yep, you have your work cut out for you. 😉

So true 

Sniffed some of the Skylar testers today and tried SKYLAR - Meadow Eau de Toilette on my skin. Opens as a gently indolic jasmine which is not what I was expecting! Develops into a creamy tuberose. Stronger projection than expected and reasonably long lasting. The dry down has a cheap and candied phase but otherwise, not bad. Try it if you really like white florals and are looking for a Sephora "clean seal" scent.

I was curious about the brand when I saw them in the rewards bazaar. Thanks for the information.

Today, I'm trying Fern & Moss from Lvnea. It's an all natural perfume oil that has what smells very clearly to me of straight vetiver essential oil with the addition of a hint of citrus up top in the opening. The dry down blurs the grassiness of the vetiver nicely with tonka.

c7dkal8x0aejmgc

It's kind of like a softer, simpler, all-natural dupe for Fat Electrician.

Does Sephora Sale it.

@howconnieunfortunately no, this is a very small house based in Canada

Today I’m wearing Unknown by Kerosene it is the most fantastic citrus I’ve smelled in forever. It’s a powerhouse and last 6 to 8 hours. The throw is like someone just threw a lemon tea bomb in the room for a time released fragrance explosion. It’s jarring and many of you can’t handle it. I put it on at night thinking the tea note would be relaxing but it kept me up. Every note in this fragrance shares the stage. It’s incredible 

OMGosh, @howconnie , this sounds absolutely amazing!

I think you would enjoy it.

@howconniemy friend loves this one! I recall it smelled more like lemon custard and sweet confections than tea to me. Too sweet for my personal taste but I do like Broken Theories a lot by the same house.

I checked out an Atelier Cologne store today, and I tried Philtre Ceylon. The bergamot was strong at first, and the citrus scent seemed very typical of Atelier. But then, as the black tea and mint came through, I was in love. The fragrance is like a glass of sweet mint tea on a hot, summer day in Marrakesh, and I had to get a bottle. As a bonus, this fragrance lasts way longer on my skin than many other Atelier fragrances!

Notes: Ceylon black tea accord, bergamot from Italy and mint from the Americas

This scent sounds really nice, @txcatx !

Love tea scents 

1 Reply
testing