Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

This fragrance is so good. One of my favorites 

that is one of my favorite atelier scents! it's SO nice! i don't love rose on it's own, but i could take a bath in that one @wheeeee!

Same here!!!!

Maybe because 'regular rose' scents (like Jo Malone Red Roses) tend to wear off quick and are very lightly scented.

This type is more Rose/Oud and those 2 are my favorite scents. This one is more like Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud. 

@unfungirl

Oh, this one sounds lovely! I've added it to my Loves list. This challenge is probably going to have the same effect on my wallet as last month's lipstick challenge...

I recommend you try a sample from Sephora.  It changes scent at first and then it finally settles on you. 

That tin is beautiful.

I know, right. I'm on the hunt for that exact gift set right now. I hope it wasn't a LE because even though I'm on a low-buy, I will buy it if I find it. 

EDIT: I found it. And other versions. And when you send a gift card from Atelier direct they include a set of 12 sample vials. What have I done to myself. 

You bought it???  @alexasteph

If you order direct (the Sampler)  you get that money back (as credit) to spend on a new fragrance.  I am not sure this is posted.  They come in a pack with the postcards just the same as Sephora. It is really nice.

@wheeeee thank u for this tip! Do they have this sample pack thing all the time? Or is just now? Because if so I'll get it now and decide after I smell them all lol 

@jen143xo

Yes, it is available all the time.  

The only thing that changed is the newly added exclusions because we were getting 'free' perfume at one point!  lol!!

I PM'd you the link. 

I saw that during my research. I haven't purchased it yet, but I am strongly considering it. Trying to decide what set, and I'd definitely work their sample/giftcard scheme to get some more vials haha. 

Totally!  (why I posted this for you) 

Sephora only carries a tiny selection and if you buy direct the sampler/credit is the best way to shop. 

...what have you done to me...

I'm on a downward spiral with this right now. 

Ugh, that packaging! It sounds like such a gorgeous scent! Going to check that one out right now...

this is one of my favorites of all time. absolutely adore this rose. do you have the candle by chance ?? 🙂

I don't!  I haven't tried Atelier candles. Have you?

Day 2: Coconut Milk by Sarah Horowitz

I got this one in a Scent Trunk when I was still subscribed. It's exactly what it says on the tin. I smell like coconut.

However, I am constantly falling a teeny tiny bit in love with cute girls who walk by me smelling like coconut (to my boyfriend's amusement). Today I got to be one of those cute girls and it was awesome.

Day 2:  Pacifica - Tunisian Jasmine Lime

A warm spicy scent with a subtle background of lime.  It is a little on the sweet side (for my taste), so it kinda smells like cookies baking; but not overpowering.

Compilation:

Spoiler
Day 1:  Juliette Has a Gun - Not a Perfume

Day 2: Marc Jacobs Mod Noir.

Notes: Greens, Gardenia, Creamy Musk.

I like this one. I'm not much of a fan of Gardenia but it smells pleasant. 

http://www.sephora.com/marc-jacobs-mod-noir?icid2=marcjacobs_leftnav_mod_noir

I like Mod Noir! I use my Mod Noir and MMM Beach Walk samples almost interchangeably. I find them quite similar past the opening notes.

testing