Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Similar to Kilian - Princess

Hey everyone! As I’m going through my (way too many) perfume samplers, I’m starting to realize that I’m less into fruity florals as I once was, and now into something a little warmer and spicier. I’ve really enjoyed Princess by Kilian, but I’m still in my “investigation” phase, so I’m wondering if there are any other similar scents? For some reason I’m having difficulty finding anything even remotely close, possibly because the marshmallow note is particularly evident. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Similar to Kilian - Princess

So this company Dapper has FINALLY release a perfume inspired by princess. I've been waiting for so long to and someone has finally done it 

Thank you!!! Just placed an order. Was battling whether to drop $$$ on the real thing when the lasting power just isnt there. 

Sooooo..I just recently  smelled Kilian Princess for the first time last weekend.

I love it!!!and although I have not done a side by side comparison...the dry down kind of reminds me of Marc Jacobs Daisy Love Eau So Sweet.

Similar to Kilian - Princess

Hi I know this is an old post but I hope this still helps. The marshmallow note is very distinctive in Princess. Dolce and Gabbana's Pour Femme (the original not the intense) has vanilla and marshmallow in it it smells beautiful. It is much lighter than princess, so it has less sillage, but it is the most similar I can think of.

@cianni I'd recommend trying MAC's Velvet Teddy.  It's not a fancy perfume but I've found the longevity on it is good, and I was discussing with @pocketvenus the other day how it smells like roasted marshmallows or licorice to me.  She might have better suggestions than me.

@itscarin@cianni, VT is definitely in the same gourmand category 🙂

@cianni   Two to try that you might enjoy if you like Princess (but contain no marshmallow):

Baiser de Russie by Guerlain. This is a new fragrance. It does not have marshmallow in it but it does have Caramel, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, White musk, and Vanilla in the basenotes which will give you a nice gourmand scent.

Dragée by Reminiscence. Again, no marshmallow but contains Mandarin, Petitgrain, Cardamom, Almond blossom, Orange blossom, Plum, Musk, Vanilla and Cedar.

Also, some recent fragrances that contain marshmallow and are pretty good as well:

Violet Mallow by Solstice Scents

Mademoiselle Guerlain by Guerlain

Luna Park by Aquolina

Divin'Enfant by Etat Libre d'Orange

Today Tomorrow Always Romantic Voyage by Avon

Moonlight by Ariana Grande 

Pastel Passion by Voila Du Joli

@Vmasterreminded me, there's also Etat Libre's Yes I Do which is still available on Sephora. It's not "giant white marshmallow out of the bag" the way Princess is, but it does have marshmallow and you may like it. I think the rollerball is still in stock if you don't want to commit to a whole bottle first?
@cianni 

@Vmaster thank you so much for your suggestions!! I never would have thought to try the Ariana Grande. I’ve been off celebrity fragrances since high school, when my go to scent was by Britney Spears 😂

@cianni  Glad to help. I put those marshmallow fragrances in order according to their rating on Fragrantica. Violet Mallow topped them all by a lot.

I totally understand, as I am not a fan of celeb fragrances either. The only one I own and really enjoy is Luciano Pavarotti by Luciano Pavarotti.

@cianni I can't think of anything I've tried that's very similar to Kilian Princess (which I have). But the first thing I thought of when I saw the mention of marshmallow was Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' By the Fireplace 3.4 oz/ 100 mL which always makes me think of roasting marshmallows in a bonfire and making s'mores.

@txcatx that sounds so cozy 😍😍 I’ll have to give it a go! I’m thinking of picking up the Maison sampler set, the scents are so experiential  

@ciannithe marshmallow note here is really distinctive! I can't think of another fragrance that really captures that although I know Demeter makes a Marshmallow one. If you like spicy/warm and the sweetness of Princess, I'd definitely consider other Kilian fragrances and exploring the Oriental genre.

Thank you! @pocketvenus perhaps I’ll look into the rest of the line. It really is an interesting scent haha! I value your input, you really do know so much about fragrance!

Anonymous Insider

I was curious to see if you ever did find a similar fragrance to the Kilian princess perfume? It has quickly become my signature scent and I have went through 2 full bottles already, I would love to find a more affordable version of this scent!

@cianniyou're very welcome <3<3

Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 35 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing