From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans

Scented Candle Obsessed! Share your favs :)

Does anyone else buy scented candles from Sephora? I purchased this set of Tocca candles and I am OBSESSED with Cleopatra. What are your burning this moment?

candles.jpg

Re: Scented Candle Obsessed! Share your favs :)

@beauty1bliss I love candles.  Currently, at this moment, I am enjoying a lovely fall candle from Bath and Body Works called Cider Lane.  Its description is Warm Caramel, Granny Smith Apple, Ground Clove. I love it.  

@beauty1bliss I know it's too early but at the moment I am loving Trader Joe's Vanilla Pumpkin.  Actually all their candles smell really good.

@SportyGirly125  I didn't Trader Joe's sold candles! I wish we had them in Canada

I only have 1 scented candle right now, from Bath and Body Work, and its the White Barn Orchard Blossom.

Its smell like the inside of a fresh cottage wood house.

Its not really "woody", its fresh, buy it reminds me the smell of a cottage, or a fireplace with a fresh scent mixed to those.

I went to a spa where they burn fresh wood, it was bois-franc, i dont know/remembet the name in english, but it had a distinct smell, fresh wood or something lol.

Anyway this candle smells like that mixed with a fresh scent.

I hope they bring it back because last year i didnt find it in store. 

I also discovered that i very much like the scent of Palo Santo, i will be looking for a nice candle with that scent.

Im a bit difficult wheh it comes to scented candles: i love apple pie, pumpkin pie, etc, but many candles that have those scents arnt on point, for me anyway lol, so i keep searching.

Nice soy candle I bought blindly online.

VZM.IMG_20150828_221207.jpg

What is "Guerlain" scented?  Please tell me; I need to know. Also, where did you find this gem?

I haven't yet...but...there is that Replica Beach Walk candle I keep eyeing up. Ugh. $60. I'm just thinking of what I could get for 60 bucks. 😞

I am burning Origins' Warm Up candle. It is delightful but pesky to burn. (tunneling, buried wick..) Now I want to get NEST Moroccan Amber.

With the weather cooling down, I am finding warm scents more and more appealing 😄 What are some of your favorite warm scents that are not too sweet?

nest moroccan amber is one of my favorites of all time. 

I love candles! I'm not really particular on brand I like to catch them on sale at Rue la la, Hautelook, etc. I do have a few that I'll rebuy:

Yankee Candle Patchouli 

115130.jpg

Frostbeard Old Books

il_570xN.789842025_2yt7.jpg

Sydney Hale Co. Applewood & Birch and Tobacco & Sandalwood. They use to make an Espresso one that was discontinued. I still miss it 😞

il_570xN.656603319_4h4u.jpgil_570xN.379730504_nu6q.jpg

The volcano candle (can be purchased at anthropologie and francesca's) smells SO amazing.   I also love Diptyque oranger 🙂

Another Diptyque fan here! 😄

Current inventory:

Baies

Choisya (sample with purchase)

Feuille de Lavande (not pictured)

Roses (not pictured)

On the wish list:

Amber “Cognac”

Baies “Noir”

Vanille

Feu de Bois

34 boulevard saint germain

And, not a candle, but the "Luxurious Hand Balm" and the "Revitalizing Shower Gel for Body and Hair" smell fantastic.

Spoiler
Diptyque_20150724_203747.jpg

Gorgeous collection! I went to Nordstrom last night and smelled quite a few - I'm in love with Choisya. I'm not getting the hype between some of the others though - specifically feu de bois. Maybe because we have a *truly* amazing "man candle" that knocks the woodsy smell out of the park? I believe it's by warby Parker. 

I haven't, but I do love  Tocca! I just purchased Isabel and it is LOVE! 

I am currently finishing off the last of an absurb backstock of Yankee Candle 'Peppermint Bark' which I always get obsessed with during the holidays. After burning it exclusively for the last couple years, I am sick of the excessive sweetness of it. I need to find something really phenomenal to follow this up once it's gone...

I want something like Jo Malone or Diptyque, but I also want to stick with soy and beeswax because burning paraffin is too hard on my lungs. I also would prefer not to spend $60+ on a [delicious] candle I am going to burn away. My main problem is that I am sensitive to a lot of fragrances if they are too strong and prefer to smell anything before I buy it (so ordering online is mostly out of the question unless returns are easy). I mostly like citrus, herbal and green notes, some darker woodsy ones too. No cloying vanilla, no sugar, no musk. Any suggestions?

You should try the voluspa candles! They are a coconut blend wax and have lots of herbal and more kind of "natural" scents. They are sold at nordstrom. Sooo good! I dislike vanilla-y sugar smells as well. Also, they have a great price point!

Rituals candles!

I will look into these - thanks!

Jo Malone London Vanilla & Anise // Yankee Candle Lavender Chiffon 

asdw.jpgcandle.jpg

I LOVE lavender scented candles!!

Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • candles.jpg
  • FullSizeRender (47).jpg
  • 20150731_085147-1.jpg
  • IMG_8077.JPG
  • upload_1094051262419531065.jpg
  • upload_8655792053363951902.jpg
  • upload_5570536362516024278.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 8.31.11 PM.png
  • Blk_Classic12oz_yuzu-1000x1000.jpg