Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Perfume Hunting

I'm looking for a perfume that has somewhat clean and/or creamy notes; I'm open to floral and woodsy scents as well. What is a good perfume that makes you feel like a goddess?

Re: Perfume Hunting

Ooh and also CLEAN RESERVE Reserve - Skin 3.4 oz/ 101 mL- it just smells so comforting to me.

Oh both of those perfumes sound divine. And that's exactly the type of direction I'm heading towards to. Thank you!

Try ysl libre

Thank you!

ATELIER COLOGNE - Vanille Insensée Cologne Absolue Pure Perfume

Thank you! I will definitely check it out!

@Beckyzelaya 

• For clean and simple florals, try Jo Malone
  • For creamy scents, try looking for vanilla or sandalwood forward scents. Diptyque has Eau Duelle and Tam Dao for starters but there are so many out there
  • For clean, woodsy scents, try the Monocle series from Comme des Garcons

My suggestions are really just stabs in the dark. The more specific you can be, the better I can recommend something suitable for you. Everything I've suggested is mid-range in price.

Oh thank you! I've heard of Jo Malone but never considered looking at it.

In terms of specificity, I prefer more vanilla notes in my perfume given that I prefer to smell somewhat like dessert, so I like the soft aroma it gives off. 

@Beckyzelayasome nice soft gourmands, all pretty clean and easy to wear.

• L'Artisan Parfumeur's Tea for Two. Like a gentle, warm chai tea
  • Serge Luten's Five o'clock au gingembre. Another tea inspired scent. Oriental gourmand with vanilla and spice
  • Mona di Orio's Vanille. The best vanilla ever in my opinion. Not cloyingly sweet.
  • Etat Libre d'Orange's Like This. Cosy pumpkin spice with sweet brown sugar. Dessert-y but also floral. Sounds weird but it works
  • Atelier Cologne if you like a little coffee. This is like coffee with creamy tuberose

Oh they all sound lovely. They all seem to relate to food so I'm completely happy with that. The two tea inspired perfumes are what caught my eye. Thank you for all the suggestions! 

@Beckyzelayayou're welcome! If you like foodie scents, try looking up "gourmand" perfumes 🙂

Oh I've never heard of an actual term for that type of perfume. Thank you so much!

They all look like great options! I see a lot of Jasmine and I happen to love Jasmine perfume so this definitely helps. Thank you! 

ooh, then perhaps you'll like GIORGIO ARMANI BEAUTY - Light di Gioia Eau de Parfum it's my new fave after trying a sample - it has jasmine but smells more of gardenia.  which reminded me of my other new fave, the body shop moringa - smells very clean and floraly, like a shower gel.  they have a coconut one you may like, reviews say it's pretty sweet, but I haven't tried it yet (I love coconut and sweet smells, so it sounds like it'd be great for me, lol)

Ooo gardenia is a very lovely smell, it reminds me of being in the garden so that'll be a nice thing to evoke. I absolutely love everything about coconut so that'll be a winner in my book

@Beckyzelaya @Can you provide some fragrances that you like?  The description covers a large spectrum.  Are you wanting a versatile scent for all year or something for a specific season?  What mood do you want to evoke?

I happen to love creamy perfumes, so I really like:

Pacifica Island Vanilla Perfume

Vanilla Eau De Toillette 

Philosophy Fresh Cream

I'd like something that could be considered for the entire year if that's possible. The mood I'd like to evoke is a warm, welcoming, and relaxing mood.

@Beckyzelaya 

Seems like you enjoy vanilla - me too!

Mazzolari Vaniglia - vanilla, caramel, and orchid mostly vanilla 

Xerjoff Lira - orange blossom, vanilla, cinnamon, and Tonka - warm spicy gourmand it’s cozy and great for fall

Kilian Princess - marshmallow, green tea, ginger, another warm gourmand 

Tom Ford Soleil Blanc - creamy neroli, floral, lactonic, more appropriate for summer

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 23 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing