Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Ho Ho Holidays, The Festive Fragrance Gratis Thread!

A little birdie told me that Santa's sleigh is touching down early this year and some of our active community members have a holiday gratis parcel en route.

Please feel free to use this thread to share your holiday gratis unboxings and let us all know what you think of this sweet surprise gift 🙂

Thank you, as always to @TeamBIC for putting together these wonderful opportunities that celebrate our members of the BIC community.

Can't wait to see what everyone got!

Re: Ho Ho Holidays, The Festive Fragrance Gratis Thread!

Finally got around to the last of the gratis/cocktail pairs! This time Chloé Chloé Naturelle Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL . I decided on a sparkling rose to capture the rose notes, and I definitely find a bright effervescence to this fragrance. I added a splash of St. Germain and a sage leaf to capture a bit of fruitiness and light herbal notes that I detect. @TeamBIC , I can’t say enough how much I’ve enjoyed these, thank you again for the incredible curation! 

EBBC84C7-D6BB-4ABF-A05B-59A98FE24EB5.jpeg

FC63BCD7-3CB4-4344-BF23-912E08ACF952.jpeg

064BAB69-5C4D-4A2D-931B-1FAC24D11A4C.jpeg

@sister13 - I missed these last two drink/perfume combinations you created - absolutely lovely! 🥰  You are very talented in not only coming up with an appropriate pairing scent- and taste-wise, but visually as well! 😍

Thanks @Titian06! When we get into our new house, I can’t wait to get my bar area set up! I don’t even drink that much, but I like all the ceremony and accoutrements! 🤩🤩

Stunning @sister13! I bet it tastes just as good as it looks 😊 We have been obsessed with these photos - thank you for sharing them! 

Thanks @GeorginaBT ! It was definitely crisp and refreshing! 💕💗💕

Beautiful photos, @sister13 !  I love your reviews!  They have been a treat!

Thanks @tsavorite ! 💗💗

😱😍😋🥂

RavenR_0-1642384836285.gif

@sister13 

So cute! Of course, see you at happy hour! @RavenR 

@sister13 You are so fancy, girl! That cocktail looks amazing!!! Remember the fragrance cocktail pairings at SEPHORiA 2018?❤️❤️❤️

Ohhh, yes! And the longest line ever for those cocktails! What an awesome time and memories, I’ve been loving the trip down memory lane from the threads you posted. I’m sure I have pics somewhere of those cocktail menus, but now my phone is not syncing! @Tamara76 

@sister13 Such a great pairing! 🌹

Thanks @pocketvenus ! 😍😍

@sister13 Wow, I am loving those photos. Haven't had a chance to try that new Chloe other than quickly through on a tester strip at Sephora but I liked it on the strip. Maybe I'll give it a proper go sometime 🙂 you are really selling it haha!

Oh, thank you! I really enjoy this one, the Chloe Naturelle. I am not a fan of the regular Chloe, as much as I’ve wanted to like it, the description sounds so nice, but regular Chloe and the Chloe Rose both have a weird note to my nose. So, I was pleasantly surprised to like this one as much as I do! Definitely worth checking it out next time you are in store! @QueenMarceline 

@sister13 I totally know what you mean, I also don't like the "regular" Chloe. I'm not sure why but something in it with my body chemistry does not gel. However, Roses de Chloe was one of my favorite rosy perfumes 🙂 I really want to try this new one out.

@sister13 I am truly amazed by these pairings! You are very creative!

Awww, thanks! @Mellmars1185 

@TeamBIC Thank you for the opportunity to try these fragrances! The only one I had tried before is the YSL, but it's been a while, & I've been meaning to revisit it. I've been eyeing the Gucci Flora Gorgeous Gardenia, so this was perfect timing! It's just the right amount of floral for me. I only wish it lasted longer on me. The Floral Street is such a happy, uplifting scent, especially during those dreary winter days. I need to try out the Chloe Naturelle some more, & I also now need to check out Kilian's other fragrances. Thank you again!

@TeamBIC 

Thsnk you again for giving me the opportunity to try these out. I’ve been wearing them everyday just to be extra sure how I feel. 

Gucci Flora Gorgeous Gardenia Eau de Parfum 

i was initially worried about this one being to strong for me but the scent isn’t so strong. It’s a light floral scent. I think it would be something I could wear every day. Unfortunately it broke me out in a rash. I may need to do further testing if it was a reaction with the perfume or the lotion perfume combo. 

29B57A2D-DA30-438A-BAEB-7A1286AED4FA.jpeg

KILIAN Paris Apple Brandy Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray 

This one was by far my favourite scent out of the box and the first one I tried. I definitely think my husband could wear this too and it’s gender neutral for sure. It has a sweet scent and it lingers all day. I would love to try others from this brand. I may need to pick up their discovery set. 

E907EB45-1F7D-40DA-9A57-978F0173098B.jpeg

@TeamBIC thank you again for the opportunity to try these fragrances 🙌🏼

My reviews have been posted on the product pages. Here are the recaps:

Chloé Chloé Naturelle Eau de Parfum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Spoiler

Notes:

The rose is subtle in this compared to Roses de Chloé. I do not detect the ‘woody’ scent of cedrat, which is unfortunate because I prefer earthy scents. The lemony, citrus notes stand out most for me.

Longevity:

Perfumes generally do not last on my skin more than an hour or two. I can detect it on my wrists at this point, but it is very, very subtle. The fact that there is a remnant of scent with this one at that point is a plus, so I would consider it to have light-medium staying power.

Overall Impressions:

This is a lightweight fragrance that feels youthful without delving into sugary-sweet territory. It is soft without becoming powdery. There is an herbal quality to it, a ‘freshness,’ that seems even more feminine than Roses de Chloé.

Gucci Flora Gorgeous Gardenia Eau de Parfum 

Spoiler

Notes:

Based on the description, I expected a robust, overpowering bloom of gardenia. The actual scent took me much by surprise; it is much subtler. Given that it also has patchouli, this is a welcomed observation. It is detectable, but both notes are refined and feel more sophisticated than outdated or grungy.    

Longevity:

Unfortunately this fades fairly quickly on my skin. Within an hour, I find it difficult to detect any hint of this on my wrists. This is the case with the majority of perfumes I wear, so it may be more of my body chemistry than any fault of the perfume itself.

Overall Impressions:

The micro-fine mist feels so luxurious, as does the bottle itself with the weighted cap and artistic botanical depiction. As much as I enjoy wearing this perfume, the  payoff in terms of wearability is so minimal I probably would not purchase for myself. However, it would make a gorgeous gift for someone who appreciates Gucci and pretty little additions to their vanity.

Floral Street Sunflower Pop Eau De Parfum Travel Spray 0.34 oz/ 10 mL 

Spoiler

Notes: Freshly squeezed mandarins, very bright and sweet.

Longevity: Like most perfumes, this does not seem to remain noticeable on my skin after spritzing. In this case, it was a good thing as this was quite irritating to my senses.

Overall Impression:

Unfortunately, this was the rare perfume that caused congestion, sneezing, and headaches for me. After the first day of trying it and finding myself overwhelmed by these maladies, I decided to give it another go about a week later. After one use, and a repeat of my first attempt, I had to set it aside. I suspect I am in the minority with this reaction, but would recommend it with caution anyway.

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Eau de Parfum Extreme 

Spoiler

Notes:

Incredibly sweet and gourmand - like burnt caramel flavored cotton candy. There is a little spiciness at the end, but it is tempered by the sugary-ness so much that it fades into the background.

Longevity:

This perfume does not last long on my skin longer than an hour or two, which is pretty standard for me.

Overall Impression:

The black matte, silver glitter-flecked bottle conveys the theme of the fragrance remarkably well. Dark, sleek, yet lively, sparkling and most of all, fun. Although it is promoted as “Extreme” I find it too sweet to be labeled as such, but those are just my thoughts. The scent itself is reminiscent of the original Poison, but in a much lighter and more modern redux. For someone who collects YSL’s Opium scents, this would make a wonderful gift.

KILIAN Paris Apple Brandy Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray 

Spoiler

Notes:

First impressions are not particularly favorable; a biting, strong alcohol scent overpowering what reminds me of CK One. However both quickly dissipate, leaving behind a most delicious ‘aftertaste’.  It is a soft cardamom, smoky comfort. There is a masculine take in the beginning, which settles into a soft, nesting feminine rest. I just want to rest in it and fall asleep! Hours later (I’ve never had this happen) it is still noticeable, but as an entirely different experience. It becomes an inviting blend of campfire and ash; warm and cozy. Incredibly, it is only noticeable in close proximity - meaning I can enjoy my perfume without overwhelming those around me.

Longevity:

Perfumes rarely wear longer than a couple of hours on my skin. On every occasion that I have worn Apple Brandy, I find myself checking my wrists hours later to find it still lingering. It has unfolded into an all-enveloping sense of leathery, smoky, late-night conversations.

Overall Impression:

This is such a complicated scent. It is truly a journey of sorts; beginning rather abruptly, descending slowly through sparks of fruitiness, until it reaches maturity in a full-bodied, yet restrained richness. The depth and complexity of this scent are exactly what I would imagine a perfume should possess. Many of which I enjoy wearing for the scent alone. This, however, is the first that has taken me through it in waves. When finally it decides to settle, it leaves me to rest in its comfort, which I return to time and time again. I would highly recommend this to anyone seeking a perfume that is unorthodox, weighty, and multi-dimensional.      

2 Replies
Photos108
  • 68741170-CEF9-4911-B561-FD5283BE5774.gif
  • 1E7C920A-E2DC-4263-B9BD-8575A5FA73DD.jpeg
  • 159614A7-21D6-49A9-A8F1-65DA5785F63D.jpeg
  • A724F118-0AF9-4F59-BD0C-60D8BACE1214.jpeg
  • BIC-21-11b.jpg
  • BIC-21-11.jpg
  • BIC-21-11a.jpg
  • C4F39992-3F0D-4553-9939-06F0099F42E5.jpeg
  • C2A7064A-9834-49D0-ACD0-388A388CD6E7.jpeg
  • 3BC5C287-0D5A-4355-A171-C3E2BD477A2F.jpeg