Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Ho Ho Holidays, The Festive Fragrance Gratis Thread!

A little birdie told me that Santa's sleigh is touching down early this year and some of our active community members have a holiday gratis parcel en route.

Please feel free to use this thread to share your holiday gratis unboxings and let us all know what you think of this sweet surprise gift 🙂

Thank you, as always to @TeamBIC for putting together these wonderful opportunities that celebrate our members of the BIC community.

Can't wait to see what everyone got!

Re: Ho Ho Holidays, The Festive Fragrance Gratis Thread!

Congratulations, @Guessgal !  💖💖💖

I love your pictures and your descriptions, @Guessgal

@Guessgal   That's exciting!  Congratulations!

Thank you and congrats to you as well @Ispend2much6 I loved reading about the gardenia bushes near your house. I haven't seen these white flowers where I live so I'm not sure I would identify them if I stumbled upon them.

@Guessgal   Thank you!  Oh, you would know if you ran across a gardenia; the scent is soo prolific when they're actually on the bush. 

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Yes, they are SO INCREDIBLE in real life - so gorgeous and so heady! Which, though, is why I was so surprised upon smelling this fragrance the first time, because I don't really pick up ANY real gardenia in this one. But I do love it, and bought it, prior to getting this gratis box. I guess they are pretty finicky and hard to grow unless the climate is just right. One day, maybe I will live somewhere tropical and have some of these, along with jasmine! @Ispend2much6 @Guessgal 

@sister13   We have Carolina jasmine also; it smells so pretty in the summer. But, to keep things balanced, we also have a terrible mosquito problem... and plenty of other various insects.  🙂

I agree; I can't smell gardenia either.  I sprayed the box just to see what it would smell like, and it's a sweet, light, fresh scent.  I can't pick out any particular scent, but I'm not good at deciphering fragrances.

Congratulations @Guessgal.

@Guessgal Congrats on this gratis 

Congratulations, @Guessgal !  I appreciate your first impressions about the fragrances! ( I don't have descriptive skills when it comes to fragrances, but I love them.)  💕

Congratulations @Guessgal!

Congratulations, @Guessgal! Thank you for your descriptions and thoughts so far. I am trying out the Gucci today so I gave extra attention to those notes. I was expecting more gardenia and am grateful it is subtle. Enjoy, your photos are beautiful, too!

@eshoe I’m glad it was helpful! I wore Gucci again yesterday for dinner unmasked and I noticed it a bit more on myself, but yes I’d still categorize it as subtle. Excited to hear what you think! 🙂

@Guessgal I find it subtle also, which is unusual for a gardenia/jasmine based perfume. It surprised me, but in a good way.

Congratulations @Guessgal ❤️

Big congrats @Guessgal and really love your descriptions of them too! 💞

@Guessgal @Congratulations!! Based on your description of the YSL Black Opium Extreme, I have to buy it! You know how I feel about Bourbon. ❤️

@bem564 Yessss I think you would enjoy it! Funny enough, I placed a YSL order last month and it came with a cute miniature Black Opium dabber and body lotion GWP so I got the whole package with this scent 😅

Ahh congratulations @Guessgal !! Totally fangirling with you on the Kilian response, love when the brands are responsive on social - makes it so much for fun!

Thank you @TeamBIC for this gift! Before I saw this and a couple other threads, I expected at most 1-3 travel sprays of various fragrances—and I'd have been happy with that. 😄 Didn't expect this level of generosity instead! Totally considering this an early birthday present. (Happy Birthday to all my fellow December babies!) 

I went straight for KILIAN Paris Apple Brandy Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray to test on the crook of my arm. 

Gotta love the bottle design of The Liquors series, reminiscent of an old fashioned glass.Gotta love the bottle design of The Liquors series, reminiscent of an old fashioned glass.
I’ve heard some folks complain that this smells either too boozy or too much like a fake apple candle or room spray. On me, it’s neither of those. It opens very cardamom-powdery with some kind of tart fruit (not quite apple) in nearly burnt caramel. The fruit scent quickly morphs to full-on pineapple. A minute later, the fruit changes again to all apple, the cardamom becomes less powdery, and I get a light backdrop of tobacco pipe smokiness. That combo grows crisper and warmer—brandy warm, but nowhere near “she just downed a fifth of brandy” obnoxious—the longer I wear it. I’m very glad the dry down’s not super vanilla powdery, otherwise I wouldnt be able to wear it at all. I can smell this fragrance while my arms a foot away from my face, but Im not sure bystanders would pick up on it unless I wore it on both arms. But since I wear fragrances primarily for myself instead of others, thats not a dealbreaker. Ill add this one to my fragrance rotation. 

It's been a long time since I smelled the original Kilian Apple Brandy fragrance, but I don't remember it smelling nearly as fruity as this On The Rocks version. I kinda remember it smelling more like a charred brandy barrel, whereas OTR smells more like a glass of brandy sitting next to a tobacco pipe in a comfortably dark bar. I like OTR better. 

Congratulations, @WinglessOne!! 🎊

Photos108
  • 68741170-CEF9-4911-B561-FD5283BE5774.gif
  • 1E7C920A-E2DC-4263-B9BD-8575A5FA73DD.jpeg
  • 159614A7-21D6-49A9-A8F1-65DA5785F63D.jpeg
  • A724F118-0AF9-4F59-BD0C-60D8BACE1214.jpeg
  • BIC-21-11b.jpg
  • BIC-21-11.jpg
  • BIC-21-11a.jpg
  • C4F39992-3F0D-4553-9939-06F0099F42E5.jpeg
  • C2A7064A-9834-49D0-ACD0-388A388CD6E7.jpeg
  • 3BC5C287-0D5A-4355-A171-C3E2BD477A2F.jpeg