Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Gender neutral fragrance

I am looking for a new fragrance and not having a lot of luck. I am looking for a gender neutral fragrance, leaning clean and fresh smelling; avoiding sweet and too heavy. Any suggestions?

Re: Gender neutral fragrance

Commodity is a great brand for a clean unisex scent, particularly Commodity Moss- Personal Eau de Parfum Travel Spray 0.34 oz / 10 mL  and Commodity Rain 3.4 oz / 100 mL . Commodity Nectar 3.4 oz / 100 mL is also really nice if you want a photorealistic citrus scent. 

Dusita - Erawan 

These immediately came to mind:

1) Abbott Big Sky

2) Skylar Salt Air

3) Floral Street Arizona Bloom 

Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme 3.3 oz/ 100 mL 

Yves Saint Laurent Y Eau de Parfum Gift Set 

These are two (labeled as men’s but I find them neutral) that I highly recommend! Most Sephora stores should have them if you want to smell first. Also, several of the Atelier Cologne scents below:

Atelier Cologne Cedrat Enivrant Pure Perfume 3.3 oz/ 100 mL Pure Perfume Spray 

Atelier Cologne Pacific Lime Pure Perfume 

Atelier Cologne Atelier Cologne Discovery Set 

Good luck! @KurlyT 

@KurlyT 

Okay. So these run the gamut of "fresh." Most lean clean or light in some subjective way. Of the Sephora ones, I've read the descriptions on the bottom two and thought they sounded great. The top three I've either sampled on test strips or skin. The ones not linked I own and love... and are liberal takes on "fresh," but are all definitely unisex/genderless, light, not sweet, and lean either clean or green or lightly herbal and forest.

Rabanne Phantom Eau de Toilette 

HERMÈS H24 Eau de Toilette 

Jo Malone London Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne 

Atelier Cologne Cedrat Enivrant Pure Perfume 

BERDOUES Selva Do Brazil 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 

Not here/unable to link:

Comme des Garcons - Amazingreen

Dusita - Erawan 

Oriza L. Legrand - Relique d'Amour 

Serge Lutens - Encens et Lavande 

Parfum d'Empire - Mal-Aimé 

Cartier - Eau de Cartier Vetiver Bleu

Thank you! How do you find the longevity  of the Jo Malone?

@KurlyT 

Pretty poor honestly. For the price, I haven't found the projection and longetivity of any of the scents in the line worthwhile. Unfortunate as a couple of them are great. Too pricey for something I have to reapply after an hour or two. Your skin may behave differently. 

Nowadays it is already difficult to distinguish for whom what. Even if you take clothes, then girls and boys go in the same things. Just recently studied gender equality, used https://studydriver.com/gender-equality/ for this. But for now, I'm not ready to buy a perfume that has a gender-neutral scent. It seems to me that there will still be feminine tones.

@KurlyT have you looked at Clean Reserve? CLEAN RESERVE Reserve - Perfume Discovery Set . They have some that are more feminine I think but several that I think could work for anyone. @pocketvenus can probably be more help than me.

Thanks for the tag, @makeitup305 ! @KurlyT , others have made great suggestions. I would add to these

• Hermes makes some great fresh unisex fragrances. In addition to the ones suggested in this thread, the Jardin line is quite light wearing and are affordable HERMÈS Un Jardin sur le Nil Eau de Toilette HERMÈS Un Jardin sur le Toit Eau de Toilette 1.6 oz/ 47 mL . There are five jardins and Sephora carries a gift set for four of them, but I can't get it to tag.
  • In US Sephora there's a brand called Heretic. There's one that's quite good, Dirty Ginger, the others I'm not so enthusiastic about, but maybe Sephora will eventually pick up Ginger. 
  • Calvin Klein's cK One is the unisex classic. Clean, citrusy, one of my favourites from the 90s.
  • L'Artisan Parfumeur makes a few tea scents that are pretty clean. The house has a lot of unisex scents.
  • Diptyque makes a few unisex scents and the EDTs are light wearing. Though I think maybe because of the packaging, women tend to use them more. 34 Blvd. St. Germain sounds odd as it's a mishmash of their bestsellers and woods but it works.
  • Frederic Malle's Angeliques Sous La Pluie is like a unisex version of French Lover. It's sparkling and effervescent. 

Interesting

Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing