Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

We totally are scent twins :).

I spent yesterday marinating in that stuff as well, and it is exquisite!!

Hahaha!  

We most certainly are!  I even caught some faint whiffs of it when I woke up this morning, and was delighted by it all over again.

Serious question. Do you keep notes on what you like? I need to start doing this because I just can't remember when I start weeding through my samples. I can see myself ordering something I've already tried and disliked. 

That's quite a list Mocha! You made up for lost time given that cold you had 🙂

such a good idea, to keep notes on the scents. so far, my techique is to give away things i don't like and only keep scents that intrigue me. in addition, anything that is white floral (my favorite scent category) i keep in a separate bin from the rest of my samples.

indeed - mocha you definitely made up for lost time! 🙂

I do.  At the beginning of this year I got a Pantone notebook as a GWP from Sephora and I use that as my 'fragrance journal'

I write down the fragrance name, the associated notes, and then all my impressions of what I try.  It's helpful for when I re-try the same fragrances months later, because I can refer back to see if I still don't like something, or if there was a misnomer in body temp/ atmosphere/ etc.

i like your system of note keeping your sampled scents. do you sort of alphabetize your notes somehow? also do you also notate whether the scent is good for a particular season?

Also, the date. Then if I own it or if it has made my to buy list.

That's brilliant! I really like how you break it down too. Thanks for the tips, I'm excited to start journaling. 

Someone enable me...or disable me! I'm trying to decide on using my Saks 20% off code on a back up bottle of Diptyque Essences Incensees Limited Edition. It's so yummy...I can't bear the thought of not having a back up bottle, yet I'm about to that point where I have enough bottles of juice to last me a lifetime..probably about a dozen full size bottles..

oh and it's Ebates 10% off, I think I'm going to pull the trigger...

If I answer I will enable you.  Oh, wait, I'm answering...

You sort of need a backup as it's limited...

Truth 😉

Cosmicbeauty how did you get the Chanel samples? Anyone know how I can get anything off coco  Chanel? Thanks! 

hi! i ordered the samples from surrendertochance - they cost around $4 for the smallest sample size.

If you buy from their site once in a while they send out samples just because...it's a very nice thing...sorry to but in...but I knew the answer so...

I've had worse luck at the counters....but sometimes...

no worries, and you weren't butting in at all. 🙂

Thanks CB!!!

I had planned to use that rogue award they gave us long ago on part of the purchase and then forgot to use it at all! 

Do you think Nordstrom or Saks would have a black friday I could use on Chanel products?

That's an interesting question.  Chanel seems to rarely discount ...  They do excellent gifts often, but it's usually in store promotions and less online (deluxe samples, free 2 day shipping, etc).  I've had great gifts during beauty events so you're best off calling the store.

Others might have had better luck...but that's the best I've done.

I do like getting the samples in the mail periodically though...and i think I've only purchased from the Chanel site once...I usually buy from department stores.

do you have a good chanel SA that you work with in the stores (like Neimans)?

4,247 Replies
testing